Wheelchair Help

L&J

:o One of our friends has been working with a group in town that is modifying wheelchairs to

better fit the size of the Thais using them (the imported wheelchair seats are generally too large

for Thai people). We had a office chair with a wheel broken and decided to see if the seat half of

the chair could be used on the wheelchair. To make a long story shorter, they now refer to the

wheelchair with that seat as the "Mercedes Chair". If you have a broken or unused office type

chair it would be very much appreciated by the people using these chairs. PM me

and will arrange to pick it up. Thanks- JOHN

:D One of our friends has been working with a group in town that is modifying wheelchairs to

better fit the size of the Thais using them (the imported wheelchair seats are generally too large

for Thai people). We had a office chair with a wheel broken and decided to see if the seat half of

the chair could be used on the wheelchair. To make a long story shorter, they now refer to the

wheelchair with that seat as the "Mercedes Chair". If you have a broken or unused office type

I have a wheelchair, but I'm not quite ready to give it up. :o

:o One of our friends has been working with a group in town that is modifying wheelchairs to

I have a broken office chair that has been visually berating me from the corner of the room for weeks now - do you have a drop-off address and contact name that you can post here?

JxP

Edited by JuniorExPat

In response to question above. There are not wheelchairs manufactured here,

they all come from outside and generally made for larger people. They have been

putting plastic seats in them but they are not nearly as comfortable as a office

chair. If you send me message I will put you in touch with someone who can give

information on where to drop-off your broken chair or arrange to pick it up.

Thanks- JOHN

There are not wheelchairs manufactured here,

Thanks- JOHN

http://enews.mcot.net/view.php?id=4680

Please read,

Thai hospital unveils 'stand up wheelchair'

BANGKOK, June 9 (TNA) – Thailand's state-run Siriraj Hospital unveiled the first locally-developed stand up wheelchair at a cost ten times less than imported models.

The hospital said it will initially produce about 100 units for market within three to six months.

the rest is in the above link.

Hope this helps you.

Kan Win :o