Lthe New Karen Long Neck Village

telaksslave

the new karen long neck village in sattahip has been advertizing 20 baht entrants fee so my friend went there a few days back and he was confronted and asked farang pay 250 baht thai is 20 baht he said ive got thai driving licence and im a resident here, they then said ok then its 250 baht for everyone thais and farangs :o "amazing thailand"

the new karen long neck village in sattahip has been advertizing 20 baht entrants fee so my friend went there a few days back and he was confronted and asked farang pay 250 baht thai is 20 baht he said ive got thai driving licence and im a resident here, they then said ok then its 250 baht for everyone thais and farangs :D "amazing thailand"

I hope your friend wasn't daft enough to pay 250 baht! :o

I never get ripped off like this because I know what to expect, therefore, I never go to places where there are entrance fees like this. There are plenty of places to go to, and plenty of other activities to do in this country which don't require paying racist entrance fees.

Don't worry, the Thais are right.

I speak to tourists regularly and it blows my mind how happy they are to pay ridiculously over the odds for so many things. I'm talking about many times the local price for many things and then thinking they got a bargain. When you point out to friends who are here on holiday that they have paid way too much, you get no thanks. Often you are accused of being negative or stingy.

Whether it is being on holiday, using another currency or the temporary relocation of one's senses from the skull to inside the pants, the 2-week millionaire is a common phenomenon that is very hard to stop.

we have just been to see them,we were charged 250 baht for myself and the same for my thai wife , but as we have travelled up to Chang Mai and Chang Rai on 2 seperate occasions then we thought 500 was exellant value considering the price of fuel don't know what it will cost now?. but the last time we went in a mira and i think we were around 3000 on fuel .

we have just been to see them,we were charged 250 baht for myself and the same for my thai wife , but as we have travelled up to Chang Mai and Chang Rai on 2 seperate occasions then we thought 500 was exellant value considering the price of fuel don't know what it will cost now?. but the last time we went in a mira and i think we were around 3000 on fuel .

:o

:o

What about other Asian tourist do they get the same deal when the Thais know there not Thai? In 3 years I have never been to a plaice in Thailand that has charged anything like that or the double farang price. If it happed thou I would just smile and turn my back on them.

What about other Asian tourist do they get the same deal when the Thais know there not Thai? In 3 years I have never been to a plaice in Thailand that has charged anything like that or the double farang price. If it happed thou I would just smile and turn my back on them.

Other Asian tourists get charged the non-Thai price as well as Farangs.

250 baht, 500 baht or 1000 baht - the amount of money is irrelevant. It's the blatant racism I object to and I would NEVER subject myself to it. :o

It is not racist, it might be exploitation of tribal people with long necks, but I am sure the extra money they earn for posing in photographs comes in handy.

This is not a perfect world, and if I want to view tribal people with long necks so be it.

Save your anger for the real horrors that Thailand can throw at you.

It is racist Libya.

Ask yourself how do they know that I'm not a Thai? Is the answer because of the colour of my skin?

The educated Thais who live abroad will say the same thing about there fellow country men. Thai people just care about money and I don’t think double price has anything to do with racism. But it is Selfish.

I don't want to be too pedantic (but here goes anyway).

Racism is a very strong word which implies a level of hatred on the grounds of race.

Double-pricing is 'discrimination' - treating people differently. Sometimes it's on the grounds of race (anyone who is not Thai has to pay more), but in most of these places it's on the grounds of residency - If you don't live here the price is higher.

In the case of private enterprises, I can't see any justification for double-pricing.

In the case of National treasures (National parks, palaces, monuments, etc.) which 'belong' to the people of Thailand, I can see an arguement for lower prices for Thais, as many could not otherwise afford to visit these places.

In the uk many places have a different pricing structure for the elderly and out-of-work, to make allowances for their financial circumstances.

250 baht, 500 baht or 1000 baht - the amount of money is irrelevant. It's the blatant racism I object to and I would NEVER subject myself to it. :o

It is not racist, it might be exploitation of tribal people with long necks, but I am sure the extra money they earn for posing in photographs comes in handy.

This is not a perfect world, and if I want to view tribal people with long necks so be it.

Save your anger for the real horrors that Thailand can throw at you.

Definition of racism: prejudice or animosity against people who belong to other races.

I don't want to be too pedantic (but here goes anyway).

Racism is a very strong word which implies a level of hatred on the grounds of race.

Double-pricing is 'discrimination' - treating people differently. Sometimes it's on the grounds of race (anyone who is not Thai has to pay more), but in most of these places it's on the grounds of residency - If you don't live here the price is higher.

In the case of private enterprises, I can't see any justification for double-pricing.

In the case of National treasures (National parks, palaces, monuments, etc.) which 'belong' to the people of Thailand, I can see an arguement for lower prices for Thais, as many could not otherwise afford to visit these places.

In the uk many places have a different pricing structure for the elderly and out-of-work, to make allowances for their financial circumstances.

All well and good but please remember in the uk we lower the price for people who cant afford entry to public places , Oap, Student, Unemployed, Disabled.

But in Thailand they raise the price if your not from Thailand.

Thais pay the same if they are rich or poor.

So its not the same mate.

Its shameless behavior. :o

It's true, they are money grabbing gits. My Mrs went to have her hair and make up done by some ladything on our wedding day and she told it she was marrying someone from Bangkok. When I arrived to pick her up the ladything blatantly said "Oh, if you told me you were marrying a Farang I would have doubled the price". Cheeky b@stard.

Wow, this one just takes the cake for the best of everything, eh guys?

A human zoo which exploits entire families.

To top it off, the worst double pricing in the history of the world, I'm guessing.

Charging twelve and a half times as much for foreigners than Thais to enter this human zoo.

Wow, this one just takes the cake for the best of everything, eh guys?

A human zoo which exploits entire families.

To top it off, the worst double pricing in the history of the world, I'm guessing.

Charging twelve and a half times as much for foreigners than Thais to enter this human zoo.

Indeed all the worst facets of Thai commercial culture bundled together in one neat package. Exploit them hill tribes, Screw them falangs. Yeehah!!!!!!!!! or should that be Chaiyo!!!!!!!!!

I did see some picture of longnecks before. I never had the feeling I have to go and see them in real live, and of course not like in a zoo anyway. I don't think it's cheap to see some extended necks for 250 baht, but if you are a Tourist and boored out of your head, it may be just what you needed. So you can tell your friends back home. And as everything in Thailand, up to you.

Gentlemen please!

This is not the place to rebuke one another as it breaks the forum rules which are laid down so that members can enjoy topics in peace and harmony.

I would therefore be very pleased if you would abide by the said rules as unexpected holidays may be granted and could cause you inconvenience.

Thank you in anticipation of viewing your future amicable posts.

Just a small counter example from the USA. Go visit most State Recreational Parks in individual states. you will often be charged a different and higher price if you are from out of state. I always took exception to that because here I am, somebody that drove out of their way to go visit and I am charged more? On the other hand, many State Parks are partially funded by state revenues that are raised by taxing state residents so they pay smaller entry fees.