Australia Tourist Visa

Hello,

Could anyone tell me how easy it is for a 25yo Thai girl to get a Oz tourist visa? I am a 24yo British guy and want to go for a few weeks holiday to Oz with my Thai girlfriend who I've know for about a year. Earlier this year, we spent 5 months together and visited about 10 Asian countries where she didn't need a visa. She applied for the Oz tourist visa before in Jakarta, Indonesia but was turned down as they said that she could only apply in Bangkok. She doesn't have any savings but has a job in her family restaurant. I also have job in England and about $20,000 savings. Thank you if anyone could advise if it's worth the effort bothering to apply for this visa.

Could anyone tell me how easy it is for a 25yo Thai girl to get a Oz tourist visa?

For some it is easy/trivial.

For others it is hard/impossible.

Depends on the girls situation ie: reasons to return(career, education, property, assets,family roots..) etc........

It sounds as if it would be difficult..........she has no savings (and I assume no property in her name) and since she works in her family restaurant she will not be able to provide proof that she will return to Thailand. :o

Then again........you never know till you try.......go to the Aussie Embassy in Sathorn. Here is their number +662 287 2680. Office hours : 8am-4.30pm

go to the embassy armed to the teeth...

Letters, pics, phone bills showing your calls to her, etc...

As you are both tourists it shouldnt be too hard but do what you can to make it easy for yourself.

Both governments are concerned about Slave prostitution....so the more you have to prove your intentions the better.

I took my ex there for 5 months and did the above....got the visa in 30 minutes no probs.....another guy who was drunk and obviously acting on a holiday whim was pushed from pillar to post and probably never got the visa as he got more abusive the more they stuffed him around.

Be honest, provide proof and it should be ok