What Are The Nicest Places To Have A Drink In Bangkok

webtv

Im looking for a place to go and sit and have good chat with nice people in nice surroundings.

I found the londoner and like it and also the robin hood.

Is there any other places that are worth trying out?

Where do the business guys / ladies go and drink?

Im no prude, I have been to a few of the girlie bars, but Im looking for a better dress code type of place with air cond, wines etc.

Hi,

no aircon, but my all-time favoured is the Vertigo on top of the Banyan Tree (Sathorn Road). Bit expensive, but worth it.

However, they won't admit guests when it rains. However, they have in-door places there as well.

Good luck

Are you serious? You haven't looked at a guide book? A travel magazine? A local expat magazine? Talked to anyone? There are literally 10s and 10s of good bars in this city. Anything up to 6 star rooftop stuff to good wine bars, to hotel bar/restaurants to pubs. The list is too long but if you start at Londoner/Robin Hood but do a bit of a search and pick up some guides on BKK.

"Check In 99" about halfway between Sukhumvit Sois' 5&7

If its the place I'm thinking of....I suspect that's a joke but I did once pop in there for a sneaky one (drink) and it was actually an ok place and the band was not bad at all!

Im looking for a place to go and sit and have good chat with nice people in nice surroundings.

Where do the business guys / ladies go and drink?

Im no prude, I have been to a few of the girlie bars, but Im looking for a better dress code type of place with air cond, wines etc.

V9 37th floor of Sofitel Silom.

Modern decor, killer views of Bangkok, great hors d'oereves on a swirling stand.

That's my two satang's worth, cheers, HB

Try Ad Makers on Soi Langsuan

From BK Magazine:

No More Ad

Speaking of closing, after decades serving night crawlers with yummy food and impressive live music, Ad Maker in Lang Suan is no more. Instead those looking to enjoy its unique vibe have to trek out to Bangna and its newly opened sister branch. When we visited, its out of the way location meant it was a little on the quiet side. There was a rumor last year that a branch of Ad would takeover Ichq (the hundred year old building at Surasak) but we’ve heard little since.

Edited by zaza

Diplomatic Bar (if i remember correctly) in Conrad

Vertigo in Banyan tree

Buddha Bar in Ladprao, Soi 12 or 8 (I think)

Hard Rock Cafe near Siam Square

Witch's Tavern, near Conrad and in Soi Thong Lo

Geez, I miss Thailand. :o

try H1's "To die for" classy lounge dining and for in bed relaxing. Not really a place to chat and meet people, but it's worth a visit. a place to chill. It's at the far end of Thong Lor almost next to the bridge (coming from sukhumvit, To die for is on the right side)

Roadhouse BBQ at Silom, very friendly place, got people coming in at you to make conversations. The second floor or third (cant remember) has a pool area plus darts / etc...

The bull's head at sukhumvit (next to emporium), similar to robin hood.

Wow, thanks very much people..

Ive heard of a few of them, but forgot the names :o

Seems Ive got some great places to look at..

Please keep the list going, if there is anymore.

much appreciated! :D

Webtv... I also enjoy the Robin Hood......also The Office for some classy ladies...although it gets a bit loud ......

Wait a minute....the Office for some CLASSY ladies? :o

Don't mislead him. They're not Cowboy material but they certainly don't have class or much more to look at than serial farang players at Qbar.

Webtv... I also enjoy the Robin Hood......also The Office for some classy ladies...although it gets a bit loud ......

:o The Office standards have dipped in the last few months. Certainly not as good as it used to be.