Cable Tv In Pattaya

Tyke

Hi,

Can anyone tell me what cable TV services are available in Pattaya and how much they cost each month. Also which are recommended - I am mainly interested in News, Documentaries etc but would like to know all about what is available.

My friend in Pattaya had Banglamung TV and it had very little to interest an English speaker. He tried Sophon which can be irritating, but it has a good Aussie channel and is probably worth what it costs. You get to see all the famous people like Howard and Niels. Howard goes to a lot of restaurants Niels goes to everything. He is like the boss of many things

I keep thinking about getting Sophon as a top up to UBC/ True (sattelite), just to get the local news, but whenever I see it in a bar or at a friend's house I realise just how p1ss poor it really is.

You can get a basic satellite package for around 700 baht per month, which will include all the news and documentaries, or add in sports and movies (plus a few others), for just under 1,600 baht. You will get better quality programmes, better reception, and will also know what is on and when, which seems to be a big problem with cable.

Well thanks everyone for your help.

It sounds like I will go for UBC which is what I have in Bangkok. Looking at Sophon TV guide - it doesn't look much, particularly as I'm more interested in International News than Pattaya's. And from what Redman wrote, I wouldn't be able to stand the excitement of a night in with Howard and Niels, whoever they are.

Can anyone now tell me if UBC/True do a package for internet and TV together as they do in Bangkok?

It sounds like I will go for UBC which is what I have in Bangkok. Looking at Sophon TV guide - it doesn't look much, particularly as I'm more interested in International News than Pattaya's. And from what Redman wrote, I wouldn't be able to stand the excitement of a night in with Howard and Niels, whoever they are.

Can anyone now tell me if UBC/True do a package for internet and TV together as they do in Bangkok?

What? You have never heard of Howard and Niels. COMPULSIVE viewing for most of us

What? You have never heard of Howard and Niels. COMPULSIVE viewing for most of us

niels? that russian lover?

My friend in Pattaya had Banglamung TV and it had very little to interest an English speaker. He tried Sophon which can be irritating, but it has a good Aussie channel and is probably worth what it costs. You get to see all the famous people like Howard and Niels. Howard goes to a lot of restaurants Niels goes to everything. He is like the boss of many things

:o Spot on !!! Thats the most concise and accurate comment I have read about the news channels in Pattaya. Thanks for making me laugh this early in the morning!

:o Spot on !!! Thats the most concise and accurate comment I have read about the news channels in Pattaya. Thanks for making me laugh this early in the morning!

Howard will be pleased that he provides some entertainment. Niels tries hard, but he is too busy being the chairman/president/leader/chiefsuck*ss to have a sense of humour

Howard will be pleased that he provides some entertainment. Niels tries hard, but he is too busy being the chairman/president/leader/chiefsuck*ss to have a sense of humour

Please Gentlemen,Neils is a Pattaya icon !!

He is CEO of Pattaya People Newspaper + Radio,IC of the Police Foreign Volunteers, High up in the Rotary Club,Lions ,Pattaya Ex-Pats , and lots of other influential organisations . What a Guy !!! and Danish to boot !!

Happy Viewing

Hi,

Can anyone tell me what cable TV services are available in Pattaya and how much they cost each month. Also which are recommended - I am mainly interested in News, Documentaries etc but would like to know all about what is available.

If it's News and Documentaries that you want then UBC Gold package has about 7 documentary channels and all the main world news channels, but it's not cheap, 1500bt a month, but i think it's worth it just for the sport coverage alone.

Please Gentlemen,Neils is a Pattaya icon !!

He is CEO of Pattaya People Newspaper + Radio,IC of the Police Foreign Volunteers, High up in the Rotary Club,Lions ,Pattaya Ex-Pats , and lots of other influential organisations . What a Guy !!! and Danish to boot !!

Happy Viewing

Sorry, saying such nasty things about Niels, I was just joking. Wonder what he does in his spare time?

I think the OP asked a further question as to whether UBC/True do a combined TV/Internet package in Pattaya which they apparently do in Bangkok - I would also be interested in an answer to this question should the thread ever get back on track! :o

Edited by gmac

....<snipped>...I am mainly interested in News, Documentaries etc but would like to know all about what is available.

As new is a primary interest of the OP, the I wouldn't rule out Sophon Cable...besides it's inexpensive and free at some hotels/condos.

IMHO, Sophon provides more and better international news channels than UBC cable.

The best are likely BBC and AlJazeera (this is in English and _not_ a Talaban channel ;-)...both are excellent;

then there's News Asia (a Singapore channel), an Aussie channel with some news and lastly

the worst and most biased of the bunch: Fox News

Edited by LukDod

As new is a primary interest of the OP, the I wouldn't rule out Sophon Cable...besides it's inexpensive and free at some hotels/condos.

IMHO, Sophon provides more and better international news channels than UBC cable.

The best are likely BBC and AlJazeera (this is in English and _not_ a Talaban channel ;-)...both are excellent;

then there's News Asia (a Singapore channel), an Aussie channel with some news and lastly

the worst and most biased of the bunch: Fox News

You've convinced me! I happened upon AlJazeera in a hotel recently and was most impressed with the coverage and even-handedness. It would be nice to get CNN but I can live without it. My building has a special deal on Sophon and I'll take them up on it.

No, they don't do internet. But look in to their PVR system. It is fantastic. Never miss a show ever again. 14,000 fot the unit and about 300 baht extra per month.

ZZ-Z