Finally Coming To Samui... Any Tips?

Hi there. After many years of wanting to go to Thailand I'm finally coming to Samui this Wednesday with my boyfriend. Any tips on what to take etc? oooh and is the weather nice?

Thanks for any replies :D

Take a leash to drag your boyfriend out of the Lady Bars. :o

As for the weather. Look here.

http://www.windguru.com/int/index.php?sc=30397

Edited by Lite Beer

Hi there. After many years of wanting to go to Thailand I'm finally coming to Samui this Wednesday with my boyfriend. Any tips on what to take etc? oooh and is the weather nice?

Thanks for any replies :o

You dont have to bring to much. Most things are availible and very much cheaper in for instans Europe (you dont say where you are from). I use to bring quite empty bags when i was a tourist. Then i realized that even the bags are cheaper in Thailand so i did´nt bring anything except for clothes for the first day (shortpant,t-shirt and bathing-shorts), and a tothbruch, so i dont have to go out and shopping straight after the flight. They sell ok shirts and shorts already on the beach while you are relaxing. Bring a happy mode, and load up your visa card and have a nice holiday! :D

Edited by mattias33

Thanks for any replies :o

Where are you staying?

TIP: Stay away from taxis if you can. If you take one, bargain with them, NEVER pay what they first ask.

I am coming from England. Thank you all for your replies. Some of our friends from England moved to Samui a few years ago and have booked us a bungalow on the Sand Sea Resort. We will be travelling with one of our friends after arriving at the airport so have all that sorted. I'm just so excited! Think I will probably buy lots of things once I get there clothes wise etc. Thankyou :o

I am coming from England. Thank you all for your replies. Some of our friends from England moved to Samui a few years ago and have booked us a bungalow on the Sand Sea Resort. We will be travelling with one of our friends after arriving at the airport so have all that sorted. I'm just so excited! Think I will probably buy lots of things once I get there clothes wise etc. Thankyou :D

Have Fun :D

But i here the weather is no good at the moment in Samui :o

i travel between Samui and Phuket every week, and when i was in samui last week, the weather forecast said it would be crap weather, and yes in Naton it was, but then in lamai it was perfect weather!....

Best bet with samui, if the weather is bad where you are , go to the next town!

But hot it is :o

i travel between Samui and Phuket every week, and when i was in samui last week, the weather forecast said it would be crap weather, and yes in Naton it was, but then in lamai it was perfect weather!....

Best bet with samui, if the weather is bad where you are , go to the next town!

But hot it is :o

Sounds good then seeing as Lamai is where we're headed. Also thinking about visiting Koh Tao for a few days maybe. I'm so exctied!

if you want to buy clothes etc cheap cheap have a day in bangkok and go to pratunam market or bobae tower, much cheaper than samui, dont worry about the weather, if its raining one place it will be sunny 2 or 3 km's away. have fun!!!

if you want to buy clothes etc cheap cheap have a day in bangkok and go to pratunam market or bobae tower, much cheaper than samui, dont worry about the weather, if its raining one place it will be sunny 2 or 3 km's away. have fun!!!

I agree. I do all my shoping in pratunam nowadays. And dvd:s, cd.s and computerstuff in pantip plaza close to pratunam. A few days in Bangkok at the end of the holiday is indeed reccomended for shopping. Allthough a good bargainer get pretty much the same prices in Samui, the selection is much bigger in Bangkok.

Rain in Thailand is not like a rainy day in Europe. It is still warm and nice even if it is raining, and usually it dont rain the whole day. You will have a nice holiday in Samui for sure.

as a 6ft amazon I would say, unless you are average height (5ft6in or below) & medium frame, then don't rely on getting decent clothes to fit. In 7 years I was never to find a pair of trousers to fit my leg length or a womans top that fitted over my boobs.

T-shirts, sarongs & beach wear are all cheaply available but if you are looking for something for nights out then, if you aren't average sized, bring your own :o