Skip Hire?

davehowden

Given the Thai's love of keeping junk around the house and garden the g/f and I have deceided to have a good tidy up. However there does not seem to be any communial tip facility (other than the side of the road) and I have not seen any rubbish skip lorries, probaby because there is no demand.

Does anyone know of a skip hire facility around Lopburi/ Singburi, or is this a farang business oppurtunity in the waiting?

Dave :o

Often wondered about that myself.In the end it seems the Thais just dump on the nearest place they can get away with.It would have to be a budget price for them to even consider and they would up against an old Isuzi truck and a couple men to take it away thai style with no investment.

In the area I live in there is a "regular Dustbin/waste disposal route", whenever we want anything out of the usual removed we just contact them and for a couple of hundred Baht they make a special trip. We have used them for tree felling, house clearing etc, if you live way-way off the beaten track then head for the local "Tethabaan" sounds something like that! which is the local council office to contact the waste disposal guys. Failing that then your local "bodgit the builder" will undoubtedly be able to arrange something for you, however don't be suprised if the local farmer turns up at your house complaining about the pile of your household rubbish that appeared in his paddy field. I have not seen or heard of any skip hire firms, as most builders rubble etc is normally taken away by small lorry and used as landfill on another job.

goodluck with your search.

Nibor.