Apple Computers...?

kin hell

Hi , just seen this ( not sure how old the article is ) does any one know if it got off the ground..? and what price's are they going for here ..?

Apple and Thai government to launch discounted computer project

Apple Computer has teamed up with the Thai Information and Communications Technology (ICT) Ministry to launch a discounted Macintosh computer project in set for the middle of the month, The Nation reported late Wednesday. The ICT Ministry said that the computer would be a G4 to be sold under the market price. Sources told The Nation that the model would likely be an eMac G4. Apple would provide training to the new users and the first group of buyers would receive a free printer while quantities last.

Thanks Kin ######

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I'm using a Powerbook G4 and a G5.

I bought them in Singapore, Thailand's prices are at least 20% above Singapore and Thai resellers are not registering your purchase with Apple.

My Powerbook Battery needed changing (product recall) I had no problems at all despite that fact that I was in Italy when I heard and applied for the replacement. Lord only knows what would have happened had I bought my Apple in Thailand.

Last time I was in Thailand, a month or so ago, O checked the Apple store in panteep Plaza. They had a good e-mac package at about 36,000 baht. They also said that it would have 3 years warranty. It sounded like a good deal and I plan on buying one in a few weeks when I return. It it really likely that there will be 3 years cover ie a tech comes out to my home if the machine goes down?