Install Over-the-shoulder Belts

We're purchasing a used 2000 Toyota Hiace and there are only lap belts installed in the read three rows. Does anyone know if there is any way to get a shop to install over-the-shoulder belts? Any point in the right direction would be helpful. Thanks!

Have no idea on the set-up of your vehicle, but understand your dislike of the lap belts. I had a lap belt in an old van I had for my daughter when she was about 5 years old. I rigged up an over-the-shoulder belt which fitted perfectly. The framework was wood (could have made it from metal, I had a welder to hand) which was sufficent.

Now maybe you can buy something custom made, but I suspect you are gonna have to design something yourself. You could ask a thai to design it but they are, generally speaking, not good at thinking outside the box. Where to start? You will need a supporting bar at shoulder height, either inside or outside the vehicle. The belts probably don't need to be retracting as long as they are adjusted correctly. Any bolts going just into bodywork will need reinforcing metal welding on.

It's for you to decide how and what to do over time and a few cups of coffee. Maybe search this forum as someone else asked the same question, and pm him to see what he did. I suspect nothing as it became too much work. The choice is yours