'pop' Scooter

Some time ago I was conned into buying one of those little 'pop' scooters for just getting around the parish, until the bib stopped me and tried to fine me a couple of k and said if they ever saw me on it again on a main road they would confiscate it :D

However, I'm now located somewhere were this thing could come in handy, given recent oil prices, but it won't start. I changed the battery before and had the local mechanic look at it and it started up. Then I left it again for a while and it wouldn't start again, so another battery (!?) and it still won't go. What's wrong with it do you think? Don't want to take it back to the mechanic as feel they don't have a clue, will shove in yet another new battery and charge me for the privilege :o Surely can't be anything major on such a little thing, I mean it's not like it's a Harley or anything :D S'shame as it looks brand new and is just standing about doing nothing.

Some time ago I was conned into buying one of those little 'pop' scooters for just getting around the parish, until the bib stopped me and tried to fine me a couple of k and said if they ever saw me on it again on a main road they would confiscate it :D

However, I'm now located somewhere were this thing could come in handy, given recent oil prices, but it won't start. I changed the battery before and had the local mechanic look at it and it started up. Then I left it again for a while and it wouldn't start again, so another battery (!?) and it still won't go. What's wrong with it do you think? Don't want to take it back to the mechanic as feel they don't have a clue, will shove in yet another new battery and charge me for the privilege :o Surely can't be anything major on such a little thing, I mean it's not like it's a Harley or anything :D S'shame as it looks brand new and is just standing about doing nothing.

Perhaps I am being a little stupid here but the first time it didnt work the mechanic got it going for you.

Now it wont start again and you seem to think the mechanics dont know what they are doing.

You have tried twice and failed yet they tried once and succeeded.

I suspect that they DO know what they are doing or they would not be in business but you dont know which is why they are in business.

Take it back to them , swallow your pride and get on with life.

Perhaps I am being a little stupid here but the first time it didnt work the mechanic got it going for you.

Now it wont start again and you seem to think the mechanics dont know what they are doing.

You have tried twice and failed yet they tried once and succeeded.

I suspect that they DO know what they are doing or they would not be in business but you dont know which is why they are in business.

Take it back to them , swallow your pride and get on with life.

.... Yeah sure they know what they are doing, like they knew what they were doing when they put a completely different alternator on my Honda Steed figuring they all looked the same, but was actually from a suzuki and then charged me for sticking tape all over the wires, changing the pump, twice, battery three times etc etc for a total of three years until I had the fortune to run in to a friend who put me on to a farang mechanic who fixed it in one hour flat and never had any trouble with it since. ....

Edited by PeaceBlondie
Removed unnecessary insults to other poster. Please keep it respectful. Thank you. PB