Thai To Visit Usa...requirements?

Airline ticket and a tourist visa. The airline ticket will be the easiest part. :o

Thats what I thought. I went to the US Immigration web site and they want $50.00 just to download the forms.

This country is going straight to hel_l, the only reason I want to bring her here is to meet my aging parents, and sisters, and to see how gluttonous the USA really is. As My plan is to move to C/M in about a year

Edited by robeetle

Airline ticket and a tourist visa. The airline ticket will be the easiest part. :o

Thats what I thought. I went to the US Immigration web site and they want $50.00 just to download the forms.

This country is going straight to hel_l, the only reason I want to bring her here is to meet my aging parents, and sisters, and to see how gluttonous the USA really is. As My plan is to move to C/M in about a year

Reckon you got the wrong www site for U.S. Immigration forms, here's the FREE one (but you still pay through your nose fos "services.") :  http://tinyurl.com/y3ffyd

The overall U.S. Immigration site is here:  http://www.uscis.gov/portal/site/uscis

And the section on NIVs from the U.S. Embassy Bangkok site is here:  http://bangkok.usembassy.gov/non-immigrant_visas.html

Mac

After looking thru those sites, I still can't find the "type B" tourist visa forms that arent $50 to download.

Im not doing it, it sounds like it would cost a fortune to just have her over for a visit. I HATE the USA and fuc_king George bush

After looking thru those sites, I still can't find the "type B" tourist visa forms that arent $50 to download.

Im not doing it, it sounds like it would cost a fortune to just have her over for a visit. I HATE the USA and fuc_king George bush

I think you will discover that any costs involved in your gf getting a tourist visa will probably be the least of the problems in getting her to the US. It is not that easy for a Thai to get a tourist visa to the US. To get a tourist visa, a Thai must meet various fairly stringent criteria (eg. such as a large amount of money in the bank) that proves to the embassy that they have a strong reason to return to Thailand and not become a "Robin Hood" (as Thai's refer to them) and stay illegally in the US. Although some Thai's are able to get tourist visas, I think that if you read past forum posts in this section, you will find that quite a few of the Thai's that attempt to get a US tourist visa are not successful.

Can anybody tell me what I need to do to just fly my gal over to the states for just a visit?

Any help is appreciated....Thanks

What is required is clearly stated on the USA embassy site that someelse has provided.

I went through this process it is very straight forward, the bottom line is your girl will have to show enough evidence that she will return to Thailand.

We brought a stack of documents they were never looked at once they informed that I lived here in Thailand they gave her the visa it took about 3 minutes for the interview.

So my suggestion would be if she does not have enough documentation to convince them you should wait until you move here. Then make the application.

Your witty insightful remarks about the USA are enlightening in a childish way; unfortunately none are on the topic of your original post which is how to get your thai girlfriend a tourist visa.

IF you were to look in the section of the forum your post is now in; I believe you can find information about what you want to do. You will find success stories and denial stories, but if getting into the US were easy, everyone would do it. :o

It is NOT impossible to get a tourist visa for a thai. I have thai friends who have been to the US many times, but there is hoop-jumping that needs to be done. It all boils down to what would motivate her to return to this country as opposed to staying in the US once her visa expires IF she were granted a tourist visa. Continuing education, money in the bank, property, a good job to return to, are all things which count in her favor when they look at the application. The burden of proof is 100% on her to prove to the officer at the interview process that she'll leave US when it's time to go and return to this pissant developing third world country.

"The illegal alien population of the U.S. is estimated to be about 20 million". :D Currently there is no official enforcement in tracking down, rounding up and/or shipping home any of the people who overstay their visas. That is why the bar is set so high, especially for third world countries.

There is no short cut to the process, but IF you are willing to plod thru it, it can be done. Then again you could be spoiled being American, having the opportunity to show up at most country's 'doorstep' and being allowed in.

Good luck,

(edited because it is now in the section of the forum I referred to in my post)

Edited by tod-daniels

Its not easy but it can be done. google the American Embassy in Bangkok, you need to find the section on visas and the produrces, most of it she will have to do if your not in Thailand. She has to go to the post office and pay some money to get a password so she can make an appointment online. Fill out a few forms from online and read and follow all information, and documents. That's the easy part. You must show she has reasons to return to Thailand. A job that she has been working at for a long time, money in the bank, a home, land, or maybe a family i.e. children. I did it for my girl friend and we went last Oct. Good luck

It's easy and straight forward by following the procedures that provided by the US Embassy in BKK.

I had done more than a dozen times for my Thai siblings, relatives, friends, and colleques. Some came to US for graduate school, some came for visiting, some came for medical reason etc.

All I did just send a 'letter of sponsor' to US Embassy, saying that I fully accept all the financial responsibity during this person ( in your case - your g/f ) staying in the US. I also attached the copies of my house deed, banks statement, paychecks stubs.

cobeetle, most of the work will fall on your g/f as other posters already said that SHE has to prove that there are good reasons for her to return to TL.

Do like all my Thais had done before. When they gone to the Embassy, they armed themselves with: Letter from employer and paycheck stub the past 6 months....House or property deed.....banks statement ( preferable seven figures).....and the copy of my 'letter of sponsor' 's package.

So far none has failed, they got visa on their first try, some even got 10 years visa.

As you can see if you play by the rules, you won't have any problem.

Good luck.

Just to clarify the previous post, there is no “sponsorship” program for US tourist visas, any letter saying financial responsibility is assumed is actually meaningless in it self. See the link on proving ties. It can be helpful to show that there a person that is going to help with the trip. In point of fact, such a letter from a boyfriend living in the US would extremely counter productive as the consulate would assume the intent is to get married and apply for change of status once in the US. For a young Thai woman with a BF living in the US, she needs to prove her intent to return to Thailand without any mention of a connection to a US citizen. If the BF lives in the Thailand, he would be instrumental in showing the intent to return.

Just to clarify the previous post, there is no "sponsorship" program for US tourist visas, any letter saying financial responsibility is assumed is actually meaningless in it self. See the link on proving ties. It can be helpful to show that there a person that is going to help with the trip. In point of fact, such a letter from a boyfriend living in the US would extremely counter productive as the consulate would assume the intent is to get married and apply for change of status once in the US. For a young Thai woman with a BF living in the US, she needs to prove her intent to return to Thailand without any mention of a connection to a US citizen. If the BF lives in the Thailand, he would be instrumental in showing the intent to return.

Thaihome, agree with  your comment!  My now wife got her first three U.S. NIVs as a g/f, two short term entries then a 10-year as she'd showed that she was returning to the LoS.  She  got another 10-year visa in 2006 which was actually a bit more complicated (read "difficult," but not by much) as we were married by  then.  Same assumption you mention, she might be going to the U.S with intent to change status.  As I was able to pretty well establish residence in Thailand, she got the NIV.

Mac