All Chao Phraya Riverside Developments

I am going to attempt to start a new thread. Although my interests are in the CBD (I am open and say The Park) I found that the

All Major Projects Ploenchit/langsuan/chidlom/wireless/ruam Rudi Areas, Including The Park Residence Chidlom

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/index.php?sh...t=0&start=0

thread really helped people at The Park, The Athenee, The Trendy, The Manhattan etc. The thread is still ongoing with The Address and the airport express still in discussion.

However there is quite clearly a considerable amount of activity on the Chao Phraya at this time. I feel this is interesting in its own right to watch because it is in itself another 'community' within Bangkok, and as such is a part of our 'Ferang' (OK and Thai :o ) community.

I note the following link:

Land/house On The River

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/lofiversion/...hp/t117809.html

But have always found problems researching the skyscraper forum for a link on developments (I don't know why it is probably just me) So normally I would post links to for say example The River (developer and independent links)

I will keep trying to research and will repost but as I say I am not directly involved so am an 'outsider' so to speak. I feel it would be interesting to watch developments, but speaking from experience there are going to be ups and downs!

Hi PKRV,

one link you may like to try is:

http://www.raimonland.com/RLengV2/home.asp

the website for Raimon Land, the developer of The River...and other projects.

You are 100% correct, it is a new area for those who are more Sukhumvit/Silom centric, and I feel will develop into one of the most highly sought after areas in the city....but for those of us who already live there, its a mixed blessing: our secret is out !! Its a great place to live.

here's a few (relatively recently launched) riverside developments (I was studying this pretty intently at one point because I was interesting in buying a riverside unit--and found a "Riverside" list from RaimonLand (and a notation to the Ivy project in the Frank Knight 2007 report):

Baan Sathorn Chaophraya (445 units)

River Heaven (521 units)

Watermark (490 units)

Riverside Garden (260)

Supalai Casa Riva (800 units)

Lumpini Place (1296 units)

The Pano (397 units)

Supalai River Place (846 units)

Anantra (186 units)

The River (Phase One) (509 units)

Ivy Riverside (over 1000 units)

I am going to attempt to start a new thread. Although my interests are in the CBD (I am open and say The Park) I found that the

All Major Projects Ploenchit/langsuan/chidlom/wireless/ruam Rudi Areas, Including The Park Residence Chidlom

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/index.php?sh...t=0&start=0

thread really helped people at The Park, The Athenee, The Trendy, The Manhattan etc. The thread is still ongoing with The Address and the airport express still in discussion.

However there is quite clearly a considerable amount of activity on the Chao Phraya at this time. I feel this is interesting in its own right to watch because it is in itself another 'community' within Bangkok, and as such is a part of our 'Ferang' (OK and Thai :o ) community.

I note the following link:

Land/house On The River

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/lofiversion/...hp/t117809.html

But have always found problems researching the skyscraper forum for a link on developments (I don't know why it is probably just me) So normally I would post links to for say example The River (developer and independent links)

I will keep trying to research and will repost but as I say I am not directly involved so am an 'outsider' so to speak. I feel it would be interesting to watch developments, but speaking from experience there are going to be ups and downs!

As I currently live on the other side of the river from THE RIVER I have been watching the construction with interest. So far all the work has been below the surface. Yesterday on local TV the CEO of Raimon Land said that due to the height of the building (72 stories...making it the second tallest building in BKK) the company had to go down 70 meters. The photos here are of administrative building...the construction is to the left of the photo.

There is a showroom in the annex to the Shangri-La hotel which is just across the river.

post-9122-1214111781_thumb.jpg

post-9122-1214111817_thumb.jpg

post-9122-1214111840_thumb.jpg

here's a few (relatively recently launched) riverside developments (I was studying this pretty intently at one point because I was interesting in buying a riverside unit--and found a "Riverside" list from RaimonLand (and a notation to the Ivy project in the Frank Knight 2007 report):

River Heaven (521 units)

Watermark (490 units)

Riverside Garden (260)

The Pano (397 units)

Anantra (186 units)

That's a lot of unit's to shift.

RAZZ

River Heaven (521 units)

Watermark (490 units)

Riverside Garden (260)

The Pano (397 units)

Anantra (186 units)

That's a lot of unit's to shift.

RAZZ

I agree - The question is completion status - we need to look at each project to see where it is. I have already run these by the skyscraper forum search engine but I don't actually think it works anymore!

• 1 month later...

I managed to get a few shots of The River development - I have known about this project since 2004/5. However I still cannot really see much progress, and there seemed to be little activity. I assume things are moving on?

As promised here are a few pictures from my recent stay.

post-16669-1218437252_thumb.jpg

post-16669-1218437301_thumb.jpg

pkrv

Yes things are moving along now - they are giving an estimated completion date of mid 2011 for this complex - will have to wait and see how near they get to this. Also they are stating that both towers and associated shops etc are planned to be completed together so that tenants should not expect any noise when they are handed their units

:o

Johnb

I managed to get a few shots of The River development - I have known about this project since 2004/5. However I still cannot really see much progress, and there seemed to be little activity. I assume things are moving on?

Interesting this mirrors a reply from my home thread:

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/Major-Projec....html&st=25

thaigene2 the bedrock for skyscrapers in bangkok is on -18 to -22 m. and -55 to -65, depends on requirement of the building. Usually for high rise building is on -60

This topic is real interesting...

Keep the list goes on darling.

That explains a lot.

pkrv

Yes things are moving along now - they are giving an estimated completion date of mid 2011 for this complex - will have to wait and see how near they get to this. Also they are stating that both towers and associated shops etc are planned to be completed together so that tenants should not expect any noise when they are handed their units

:o

Johnb

Sorry I may have made a mistake - I thought you said they were going down 70m - There is no post edit - have I slipped up?

What a sight!

Muddy water and rusted barges.

How about this. My house in Sydney, my view:

sydview3.jpg

I think that's one of the charms of the Chao Phraya River - it is a working river - I found myself watching it, and time sort of melting away. I particularly like the proud little hotel boats - and there is never a shortage of firework displays in the area!

BTW think_too_mut - a very, very nice view - I can also sort of see why you like nice and tidy (Sydney is one of my favourite cities), but strangely not like Singapore - I guess you sort of leave the impression of finding yourself an unexpected guest in Thailand, and something pulls you back here.

Edited by pkrv

I think that's one of the charms of the Chao Phraya River - it is a working river - I found myself watching it, and time sort of melting away. I particularly like the proud little hotel boats - and there is never a shortage of firework displays in the area!

BTW think_too_mut - a very, very nice view - I can also sort of see why you like nice and tidy (Sydney is one of my favourite cities), but strangely not like Singapore - I guess you sort of leave the impression of finding yourself an unexpected guest in Thailand, and something pulls you back here.

Thanks for your nice comment, sorry if mine was harsh.

The view is the view if a real estate agent can say, as they do in Sydney: "If the price looks high, think this way: for that amount of money, you get this spectacular view. The condo itself comes as a present, like a key ring".

I can't imagine selling condos overlooking the Chao Praya river can go that way.

In Regards to the River , just saw an Email from Ramon Land , stating that over 85% of the AVAILABLE UNITS FOR SALE ARE SOLD, I do not know how many were availble for sale , but they are quite impressive figures with 2 years left to go , depending on original quota that was up for sale

The units lfet for sale one type was for both Foreign & Thai Quota , the other 4 or 5 apartment types was Thai Quota only,

So that is my update on the River

In Regards to the River , just saw an Email from Ramon Land , stating that over 85% of the AVAILABLE UNITS FOR SALE ARE SOLD, I do not know how many were availble for sale , but they are quite impressive figures with 2 years left to go , depending on original quota that was up for sale

The units lfet for sale one type was for both Foreign & Thai Quota , the other 4 or 5 apartment types was Thai Quota only,

What sort of money per/sqm?

RAZZ

What sort of money per/sqm?

RAZZ

The_River_fact_sheet.xls

Edited by ray08

How about this. My house in Sydney, my view:

sydview3.jpg

Great view!

I remember that part of Sydney; looking across the, is it Botannical Gardens, towards the Opera house?

Truly a charming city.

One of the few places I would enjoy living in I think other than BKK, although not so great for the sports I enjoy compared to here plus my accent (NZ) when i speak English is a liability there, more of an asset here ;-)

Raimon Land have not released all the project for sale yet, as they are struggling a bit to get around the 49/51% issue; however it has sold very well to foreigners, and I know some of the upper floor units are going for something like 200k per sqm.

For a similar view to Sydney, really have to go to the coast like Phuket, Krabi, Samui. Better Australian comparison to Chao Phraya (and growing up in a family that was involved with the Auckland port so I actually like watching all the working boats too) would be somewhere like Brisbane on that muddy river which is similarly unappealing and yet equally interesting.

Fair to say though, the River units have a fair bit for people wanting a nautical view - not a glimpse of the sea but more like a full on blast of the river (smell included) with the city scape behind it. Trouble for Raimon Land is that Thai people don't want to be on that side of the river, and they don't care that much about the river and anyhow....for the same money they could be living in the heart of the city (with no view!).