Ready To Renew For 5 Yr Driver License

jimmym40

I'm going next week to renew my driver license. Anyone done this recently?

My question is: Is the residency certificate required again? Does the immigration office issue it or do I have to go to the US Consulate and obtain one as I did last year?

Also, can't remember. Do you renew on the day of, or can it be a day before or after the expiration?

Thanks all.

Thanks. But I just thought of something. Just curious.

My wife has/own a house. We live in it. She has house registration book (with my last name). Doesn't it make sense that the driver license bureau could look at that and see that we are married (I can supply marriage certificate), and that we live in the same house. The address is the same as last year.

I know, we have to go by their "rules". Seems like a waste having to go to the Consulate every time you need something like this.

Does the Consulate provide this certificate for FREE? Or is there a $30 charge (don't remember what I did last year).

Thanks again.

Thanks. But I just thought of something. Just curious.

My wife has/own a house. We live in it. She has house registration book (with my last name). Doesn't it make sense that the driver license bureau could look at that and see that we are married (I can supply marriage certificate), and that we live in the same house. The address is the same as last year.

I know, we have to go by their "rules". Seems like a waste having to go to the Consulate every time you need something like this.

Does the Consulate provide this certificate for FREE? Or is there a $30 charge (don't remember what I did last year).

Thanks again.

you will need the certificate and you will pay less than us brits but you will pay for it