Evaluate My Photo

Who, me ?

if you would meet people there for business reason I have the following comments.

-way too dark.

-the blue light around your computer would start working enoying and divert attention.

-lloking at the shelf behing you only one clasifier looks like not too much work has been done Put some more to have it look more proffesional.

if it is just an office for your fun and not meeting any people in it I guess it is a personal taste thing and what would you care about anyone elses comments anyway.

if you would meet people there for business reason I have the following comments.

-way too dark.

-the blue light around your computer would start working enoying and divert attention.

-lloking at the shelf behing you only one clasifier looks like not too much work has been done Put some more to have it look more proffesional.

if it is just an office for your fun and not meeting any people in it I guess it is a personal taste thing and what would you care about anyone elses comments anyway.

ahahah.....it was "evaluate my photo", not "evaluate the office"

Thanks for you time anyway......

Edited by Who, me ?

My personal thought :

-what i noticed straight after i open the file is, lack of shaprness. Do you use tripod for this? If yes, use auto timer to reduce the shake when u release the shutter.

-i dont really prefer the blue light from the laptop, its a lil distracting because. I think it would be nicer if the light is off.

-may be some proper arangement of the chair, papers, the key at the drawer, the phone will really make this office looks nicer and give a batter feeling for the viewer. It some how makes the viewer feel like you really try to make a good photo out of it instead of just snapping it.

-some light added on the corner behind the seat would be good.

-white balance, still ok. A little cooler would be even batter. :o

Overall nice try.. :D

I never have a own office before but i do shoot interior architecture so just my own opponion on how 2 improve the feel of the photo and the quality of the color because i think u can control everything in this photo.

Thx for sharing

Matt

Yes, you !

This sub forum is great. What an opportunity to have very knowledgeable photographers evaluate our work. I do agree about the distracting blue light and the need to sharpen the picture, but I love to comforting brown colors of the office.

I see that the photo was taken at 1/4 of a second at f/3.5. Do you have a vibration reduction mechanism on your camera ?? I just curious to know how well they work.

Thanks for showing.

Yes, you !

This sub forum is great. What an opportunity to have very knowledgeable photographers evaluate our work. I do agree about the distracting blue light and the need to sharpen the picture, but I love to comforting brown colors of the office.

I see that the photo was taken at 1/4 of a second at f/3.5. Do you have a vibration reduction mechanism on your camera ?? I just curious to know how well they work.

Thanks for showing.

VR or IS only help you to get around 2 stops down from what you normally able to handle...lets say you are able to handle the cam at 1/50sec and the imej still sharp, means IS or VR will help you to shoot slightly sharper at 1/40sec to 1/20sec..Thats just the fact ^.^ its different from practical. I think its the last resort if u cant find other way to increase your shutter speed. I would normally jack up the ISO a little to help.

Matt

Yes, you !

Thanks for showing.

VR or IS only help you to get around 2 stops down from what you normally able to handle...lets say you are able to handle the cam at 1/50sec and the imej still sharp, means IS or VR will help you to shoot slightly sharper at 1/40sec to 1/20sec..Thats just the fact ^.^ its different from practical. I think its the last resort if u cant find other way to increase your shutter speed. I would normally jack up the ISO a little to help.

Matt

Thanks

thats one of the most helpful tips yet

I see that the photo was taken at 1/4 of a second at f/3.5.

Jukapot

How did you determine that? I tried the simple way of saving the .jpg file and opening properties, but that said there were no details. I didn't go to the effort of trying Elements or CS3.

Jukapot

How did you determine that? I tried the simple way of saving the .jpg file and opening properties, but that said there were no details. I didn't go to the effort of trying Elements or CS3.

you for got the advance button.. = =

Jukapot

You need an EXIF viewer - suggest http://www.irfanview.com/

Then you can see all this info

Jukapot

You need an EXIF viewer - suggest http://www.irfanview.com/

Then you can see all this info

Since switching to Mac 6 years ago, the only windows program I miss is IRFANVIEW. What a great program and wish Apple would pick it up.

In Photoshop I used the FILE selection Then File Info Button and then Camera Data. This exposes all sorts of great info about the camera, and the photo, and much more. This info is readily available as Meta Data in Apple's Aperture.

Be-warned, your life's history including deepest secrets are preserved in META DATA. Be careful what you say when your camera is present !!!!!! When not in use, keep the lens cap on and camera turned off.

-way too dark.

ahahah.....it was "evaluate my photo", :D not "evaluate the office" :o

Thanks for you time anyway......

Well said "Who, me ?" The best "retort" so far :D

Thanks for this comment...No tripod....

Well noted all your suggestion

Cheers

Back to the photo at hand, well what Kan one say.................

I really like it... why...

Just for a moment, please, take away the blur, as the photographer did not use a tripod to take this shot, but had the guts to post it for us to “Evaluate My Photo”.

For sure, I, me-self have learned a lot from this sub-forum and hopefully others have (the silent folks that venture into this forum), but do not contribute :D

"Who, me ?" thank you for not being (the silent folks that venture into this forum), :D

Kan Win :D

P.S. but we will still (pun intended) “Evaluate your Photo”. :D