Finding Non-spicy Food In Thailand

PeaceBlondie

Why can't Thais, especially the cooks, prepare non-spicy food? What you could/will find is that the wok has not been washed out properly hence the taste/essence of “P®i©k” in the dishes.

But once yet again tonight, I ordered spaghetti.  Spaghetti.  And I clearly specified and emphasized, "MAI PET, MAI PET."  The waitress knows me well. All I say is “MAI  P®I©K”.

Very very spicy spaghetti (the sauce).  Why? Easy Qus. It is already made, hence, that is what you get.  I suspect that Thais have no taste buds.  But since most of the customers in this restaurant are farang and I was ordering off the Western part of the menu, why prepare spaghetti sauce with chili peppers? Is Mexican food western ? If so, hence with chili peppers.

And it isn't just spaghetti.  Time and again, coworkers, friends and lovers swear that the dish I'm about to eat is 'mai pet.'  And it's hotter than a Bangkok sidewalk in April.

Without learning 76 vowels and consonants, what do I have to say when I order? “MAI  P®I©K”.  :D

Thanks.  I don't usually start threads, but this is one of my few pet peeves in LOS (land of spiciness).

:D

I order Thai food without the dreaded “P®i©k” and it tastes great to me. All I say is “MAI P®I©K”. :D

There are a lot of Thai dishes that could be ordered and taste very nice :D without the dreaded “P®i©k”.

What you could/will find is that the wok has not been washed out properly hence the taste/essence of “P®i©k” in the dishes.

Should it come with the “red hot chili pepper” (their music is the same) I simply send it back and then they get the message. “MAI P®I©K”. :D

Life is a fight, so kwai should I fight for the food that I pay for ????? :D no reason at all PeaceBlondie, why you do ? :D

Good post PeaceBlondie BTW :o

Yours truly :D

Kan Win :D