Would You Drink Tap Water

Drink tap water?  

66 members have voted

1. 1. Would you drink tap water

• Yes, I trust the authorities
    • No way

This poll is closed to new votes

Two experiences: I have a friend that was in Ko Samui prison for 2 years and drank the water inside. I don't know if it was tap or well water. I'll ask her. She was released last month. If she made the mistake of trying to plead innocent (tho' she was) she would still be in there. But that's OT.

Anyway, within a week of returning to her home country, she was running a fever higher than 40 (104 f). She said over 42, but I think that's impossible. After 3 weeks she had her first normal temperature today. Upon examination they discovered a kidney stone blockage. The kidneys were infected. The doctor's first question, "What have you been drinking?" 'Nuf said!

Personally, I get a rash washing my hands in Samui tap water. I'm working on a method of filtering water for showering and another system for drinking.

If it can produce a rash on the outside of a person's body, where it can be seen, who can tell what it will do if you ingest it? When I went to the pharmacy for a cortisone based salve (which works), the lady said, "A lot of people - especially farang - get that problem". Again 'Nuf said!

There is a vid on the subject on youtube in 4 parts, just type in samui.

I believe this is what you are referring to - I looked on youtube, and started watching the Samui Channel program entitled The Senses of Koh Samui - Waste Water on Koh Samui 4/5

Also - The Senses of Koh Samui - Waste Water on Koh Samui 1/5, 2/5, 3/5, 4/5, 5/5.

So it appears to be a 5 part series. Problem is I started watching it and had to use a different browser which is capable of saving a copy. When I tried to open it in that browser it said. "Video no longer available" I tried other videos in the series with the same result. Sometimes it said "Denied Access" as this sometimes happens when I try to get on youtube.

Not to be deterred, if I couldn't save a copy, I could watch it on my other browser. So I went back, and it too said "Video no longer available". Could it be that it was taken off in the two minutes I spent switching from one browser to another? Snatched from my very grasp? Never to be viewed again? Alas! Alack!

Buzzer

I believe this is what you are referring to - I looked on youtube, and started watching the Samui Channel program entitled The Senses of Koh Samui - Waste Water on Koh Samui 4/5

Also - The Senses of Koh Samui - Waste Water on Koh Samui 1/5, 2/5, 3/5, 4/5, 5/5.

So it appears to be a 5 part series. Problem is I started watching it and had to use a different browser which is capable of saving a copy. When I tried to open it in that browser it said. "Video no longer available" I tried other videos in the series with the same result. Sometimes it said "Denied Access" as this sometimes happens when I try to get on youtube.

Not to be deterred, if I couldn't save a copy, I could watch it on my other browser. So I went back, and it too said "Video no longer available". Could it be that it was taken off in the two minutes I spent switching from one browser to another? Snatched from my very grasp? Never to be viewed again? Alas! Alack!

Buzzer

I was back to see and it is still there, but Im Not in Thailand at the moment. And using firefox.

Bump to get back to topic.

This is about whether you believe drinking Koh Samui tap water is safe. This is not about youtube! Besides, I was finally able to view the 5 segment series and it's all there and still available, and, while informative, has nothing to say about tap water drinking quality or safety. It deals mostly with the very real problems of water shortages, polluted water, improper sewage handling, and flooding in Samui.

Rather than rattle on about a beaten subject, I would prefer you read and take heed (and possibly a warning) about the experiences of me and my friend. I reposted that below.

Thanks! - Buzzer

Two experiences: I have a friend that was in Ko Samui prison for 2 years and drank the water inside. I don't know if it was tap or well water. I'll ask her. She was released last month. If she made the mistake of trying to plead innocent (tho' she was) she would still be in there. But that's OT.

Anyway, within a week of returning to her home country, she was running a fever higher than 40 (104 f). She said over 42, but I think that's impossible. After 3 weeks she had her first normal temperature today. Upon examination they discovered a kidney stone blockage. The kidneys were infected. The doctor's first question, "What have you been drinking?" 'Nuf said!

Personally, I get a rash washing my hands in Samui tap water. I'm working on a method of filtering water for showering and another system for drinking.

If it can produce a rash on the outside of a person's body, where it can be seen, who can tell what it will do if you ingest it? When I went to the pharmacy for a cortisone based salve (which works), the lady said, "A lot of people - especially farang - get that problem". Again 'Nuf said!

Been drinking it for years and I never felt better. I can walk up walls and have X-ray vision too. The gills are bit of a distraction, but take the good with the bad I always say.

TAB is TAB

Some people get it from their own well. City water however is an other case. Best of luck to start to drink it

from regular tab provided by most places... People who can afford it can REALLY feel the difference.

Hi Any idea of the cost in Samui for the water supply connection and meters etc. I.E if it has to come from main road etc, is it per meter for pipe ??.

What is the system and who controls the supply etc. Any advise on going about the process etc from anyone ?.

Thanks

A.I

Hi did watch 3 parts so far. interesting stuff. Could not see any part about prices for connection etc as yet, from websites i checked seems all over the place, any advise. Currently using a well. Road is about 160 - 180 meters away.