Yoga In Bkk

girlx

I studied Tantra Vinyasa yoga for 9 months last year on KPG. My teacher was Indian and I loved his style of yoga- it was a combination of the asanas, pranayama breathing, and meditation, with an occasional lecture. I paid 150b for a 2 hour class, and the classes never got over 10-12 people!

Now in Bangkok, I wanted to continue my practice. So far I have been able to find only big commercial yoga studios that charge 500b-650b per class, and there are up to 70 people in each class!!!! I have been to both Absolute Yoga (Amarin Plaza) and Yoga Elements (Chitlom) and was really disappointed by both. They are too expensive, teach a weird mix of styles, and give no personal attention whatsoever.

Is there any yoga course here that might be more my style? I will be living near the Pratunam area. I have heard of Sunee's yoga studio at Pratunam Center, but I called to find they speak no English, so I wasn't able to get any info from them. I am looking for someone who teaches small classes, at a better rate, and preferably Tantra Vinyasa...

Let me know if you know of anything! Thx

I was a member of absolute yoga for about 1.5 years.

From a business perspective, it is an interesting one. From the start they had some really good expat teachers with years and years of experience. They paid them well from what I could tell and used that to build up a large clientel. It used to be really, really good.

Then mysteriously the expats started disappearing, which - suprisingly - coincided with time they started their 'school' on samui, where they started churning out the teachers by the bucket load. Most of them - even to a novice like me - weren't very good.

The teaching staff are a mixture of locals - some good, most not (just reading off the song sheet), and the yoga equivalent of the english teacher, off the boat with (it seems) a 8 week course under their belt, ready to teach for peanuts.

So I haven't signed up again. And am missing my yoga.

I studied Tantra Vinyasa yoga for 9 months last year on KPG. My teacher was Indian and I loved his style of yoga- it was a combination of the asanas, pranayama breathing, and meditation, with an occasional lecture. I paid 150b for a 2 hour class, and the classes never got over 10-12 people!

Now in Bangkok, I wanted to continue my practice. So far I have been able to find only big commercial yoga studios that charge 500b-650b per class, and there are up to 70 people in each class!!!! I have been to both Absolute Yoga (Amarin Plaza) and Yoga Elements (Chitlom) and was really disappointed by both. They are too expensive, teach a weird mix of styles, and give no personal attention whatsoever.

Is there any yoga course here that might be more my style? I will be living near the Pratunam area. I have heard of Sunee's yoga studio at Pratunam Center, but I called to find they speak no English, so I wasn't able to get any info from them. I am looking for someone who teaches small classes, at a better rate, and preferably Tantra Vinyasa...

If you are willing to go to True Fitness Asoke, they have two Indian instructors and two Nepalese instructors as well as a great fitness club. The Indian and Nepalese instructors all speak English and are quite willing to talk to students after class.

If you talk to the folks at the signup desk, you can probably get a few days trial workout. Otherwise PM me and I'll see what I can do.

• 1 month later...

alot of the chain yoga place are okay for the casual session, but don,t go deep. And the way the girls at the desk handle customer is sometimes, too thailand style. Grab as much money as you can, do not think that it will put people off in the long run.

Theres a school on thonglor, run by a real charecter, and very, very highly skilled, with a good heart, called justin.

I,ve known people who have done yoga 20 odd years tell me he,s one of the best here in thailand with the right attitude. My friend went to him, and cured his back problems

good luck

alot of the chain yoga place are okay for the casual session, but don,t go deep.

i found that places like yoga elements and absolute yoga were a waste of money.

i still haven't found a yoga class in BKK i am happy with though there were a couple of good suggestions on here i haven't tried because they are too far away from me.

i just do it at home on my own.

alot of the chain yoga place are okay for the casual session, but don,t go deep.

i found that places like yoga elements and absolute yoga were a waste of money.

i still haven't found a yoga class in BKK i am happy with though there were a couple of good suggestions on here i haven't tried because they are too far away from me.

i just do it at home on my own.

me too to be honest with you, most are what I call 7-11 yoga...its shame really

with the notable exeption of that justin man

his is called iyengar bangkok

his is a building in thonglor which has sizzler in it, and ballet school, apx 150 metrers inside the big road, on the left if youre facing back out towards sukumvit

the trouble with doing at home is that you may be practicing a mistake which will not appear visible until damage is done

yoga needs good teachers, i suggest a few privates on each seris of movements, then some top ups as time goes by

good luck

Ourman, which one in tonglor they re quite a few. I m gonna try yoga elements this afternoon and let ya know.

I tried Yoga Elements and I liked it. Great personal attention.

I will give Iyengar on Thonglor a try this week.

I liked it and I had yoga for the last 30 years.

I was in a class with 14 and 16 people.

The teachers corrected poses individually and you could ask questions/feedback after class.

It was voted in the top 25 yogastudios by Travel and leisure magazine.

price is app 250 thb. (2999/ 12 lessons)

People should go and find out by themselves.

Ourman, which one in tonglor they re quite a few. I m gonna try yoga elements this afternoon and let ya know.

I tried Yoga Elements and I liked it. Great personal attention.

I will give Iyengar on Thonglor a try this week.

did you find justin? also, have you tried "chi-kung" or ki-ku ( in japanese)

chinese /japanese breathing techniques

check out the books at kinokunia for what they,re all about, great stuff

best wishes