World Of Warcraft Disc 4 Installation Problem

ariesram74

Hi

I recently restored my computer to factory settings with Vista Home OEM. Problem is I am trying to reinstall World of Warcraft and on the 4th disc the installation stalls. I have tried running it in Windows Xp compatibility mode, safe mode, copying all the files onto my hard disc and running install only to get the same problem the best I can get to is withing about 32mb of completion and then it stalls. Blizzard's answer is to go to the store and ask for a new copy - they cite different batches of the WoW discs mixed up and batched together. Now I have used these discs at least once before after I bought them at Zest, Panthip, and they worked fine. Could Vista Service Pack 1 be the culprit? It looks like Disc 4 is scratched up from the hard drove though none of the other discs 1,2,3,5 have had any problems but I can't install the game w/o disc 4. Any solutions before I go out and buy another copy of WoW. I already have BC and am hoping this same problem won't arise there too.

This is pretty annoying as I just got my account restored after a ban...

You may have already tried this as I know Blizzard reccomends this but have you tried logging on as administrator and then installing ?

Sorry I can't offer any more advise with your problem, I just wanted to moan about the fact that I clicked on the 10 day trial for BC last week and it took 3 days and nights to download including the patches !

(Luckily there weren't any power cuts or I would have gone mental)

P.S. What was the ban for ?

pbkk

Det

Wushi Guild

Caelestrasz server

Ok I got it installed -I think it's a Vista issue - I had to copy the disc into a folder on my old laptop with XP - that was no problem - then simply copy that file onto my computer with Vista. I think it's the new Service Pack that is the problem.

Pbkk to answer your question: I got banned when someone- gold farmers- hijacked my account and charged it with a stolen credit card. Blizz game masters gave me back most of the stuff lost but then I got a chargeback which meant the issuing bank of the stolen credit card took the money back from Blizz- $14.99 -- and I had to pay it via US money order. Royal pain! But I ended up with a lot of gold and weps - most I gave away to my guild because I was not certain I would be banned permanently.

You may have already tried this as I know Blizzard reccomends this but have you tried logging on as administrator and then installing ?

Sorry I can't offer any more advise with your problem, I just wanted to moan about the fact that I clicked on the 10 day trial for BC last week and it took 3 days and nights to download including the patches !

(Luckily there weren't any power cuts or I would have gone mental)

P.S. What was the ban for ?

pbkk

Det

Wushi Guild

Caelestrasz server