Apple Iphone In Chiang Mai

tipsy

Hey guys/gurls

Just wondering if anyone knows where one can buy an iphone here in CM. New or used, thats not important.

I may be wrong but I have been led to believe that the actual Apple stores in Thailand dont sell them?

Thanks in advance for any help

Tipsy

Hi

Sorry , I can't tell you where they can be found in Chiangmai, but I can tell you that they are not at the Apple store in Airport plaza... My best bet would still be the other shops around there, some specialize in PDA's/Smart phones ( I think one of them is Ozone...)

Good luck

Phil

Edited by pilou

You can get them from a little stall in the area to the left of ITCity in Airport Plaza.

My understanding is that Apple do not have a deal with a Thai network provdier so any iPhone you get will have to be hacked to work with a local network and won't be 'official'.

The new 3G ones that you can get in the UK cannot be hacked as yet due to lack of Thai 3G support.

You can get them from a little stall in the area to the left of ITCity in Airport Plaza.

My understanding is that Apple do not have a deal with a Thai network provdier so any iPhone you get will have to be hacked to work with a local network and won't be 'official'.

The new 3G ones that you can get in the UK cannot be hacked as yet due to lack of Thai 3G support.

If its not official any idea what the price is roughly? Will it be a lot higher as they are 'imported'

As somebody else mentioned, there is a booth at Airport Plaza, on the same floor as the Apple store (iStudio I think?) and around from IT S*hitty, and they have some iPhones on display.

I went to iStudio and asked if they knew where I could get my self-imported iPhone jail broken and cracked, and to get a sim card. The clerk there asked around and then brought me to the place I just mentioned. The guy had stacks of iPhones sitting on his desk and a Macbook Pro--so he looked serious. He quoted 800 baht to crack it, plus the cost of a sim card and some initial time credit. I know I can crack it myself with ziphone etc, but for that cheap, I decided I didn't want the hassle.

Everything worked out great.

I don't know how much they were charging for the phones, but from the service standpoint, I can recommend the place.

• 10 months later...