What The Tv On The Internet

Super Hans

The TV's not worth watching here in Bangkok, so I'm going to ditch the telly. I've heard somewhere that it's possible to view BBC programmes online - is it possible for us in Thailand to do that? I can't seem to find anything on their website, but was sure I've heard that all programmes are available to watch within a week or so of being shown.

Anyone able to help?

I've tried, but sadly there is some royalty/licensing law that won't allow them to show it outside of the UK. VPN's and proxies are a possible solution, but we aren't allowed to discuss such things on this forum :o

I had a UK VPN which worked intermittently, but would love to hear from anyone with a better solution.

C4 also offer a similar service, and with UBC being so <deleted> over the last few months, I would gladly trade for UK TV, even if it was a similar cost.

Search this site for information on the Slingbox.

I don't have one yet but am seriously considering it.

Go for it, it will change your life as it did with mine :o

For UK TV, install Your Freedom + Zattoo, and log in to a UK server (or a Frech or German one if you are looking for French or German TV)

As far I'm aware, it not illegal in Thailand to watch the BBC

I've tried, but sadly there is some royalty/licensing law that won't allow them to show it outside of the UK. VPN's and proxies are a possible solution, but we aren't allowed to discuss such things on this forum :o

I had a UK VPN which worked intermittently, but would love to hear from anyone with a better solution.

C4 also offer a similar service, and with UBC being so <deleted> over the last few months, I would gladly trade for UK TV, even if it was a similar cost.

Yes, I thought I'd heard about C4 as well. That'd be a bonus, provided big brother isn't on.

Are you familiar with Bittorrent..??

One or two sites that are excellent for UK Television.

PM me and I can send you details of a very good site.

Yeah, beat me to it :o

The only way to watch UK TV at any reasonable quality is to P2P it, the sites alluded to by Buzby carry the popular stuff often within hours of broadcast.

The streaming solutions really don't cut it, except maybe for that game that you really can't miss (even if you can't see the ball). The Slingbox does work, but is still prone to bandwidth issues.

PM Buzby and/or myself for URLs and invites if necessary.

You can download most english programmes on this site but its not live,although maybe only one day old.My mate downloads coronation st,no accounting for taste.

Please do not put URLs to P2P sites on the open forum as this contravenes forum rules (illegal activity), ok to send by PM. We can discuss P2P itself as it has legitimate/legal uses :o

Gotta agree with your mate's lack of taste, Corrie? arrrrgghhhh!

• 2 years later...

Demand creates the marketplace and technological advancement....even though it may be a bit slower here than elsewhere....

Whose demand on whose marketplace? The inernet in Thailand does not owe more to foreigners than to Thai people.

I am a foreignor and suffer from the same internet deficiencies as everyone using the internet here.

MSPain

I don"t know where your Thai vs. falang idea came from.... certainly nothing I said above...

My point was....whether it's falang watching streaming video or Thais playing online video games, or whatever computer-Internet use you choose, .... it's the demand of use that spurs the government and ISP companies to upgrade and improve their services.

If there wasn't the demand for it and customers willing to pay, the companies wouldn't be spurred to provide it.

I don"t know where your Thai vs. falang idea came from.... certainly nothing I said above...

My point was....whether it's falang watching streaming video or Thais playing online video games, or whatever computer-Internet use you choose, .... it's the demand of use that spurs the government and ISP companies to upgrade and improve their services.

If there wasn't the demand for it and customers willing to pay, the companies wouldn't be spurred to provide it.

You are reading something into my comments which is not intended and not there.

MSPain

OK...so...the comment below is supposed to mean??? Nothing about Thais vs. "foreigners"???

Those did seem to be the exact words you used....

Whose demand on whose marketplace? The inernet in Thailand does not owe more to foreigners than to Thai people.

MSPain

You seem to be looking for something...... I said "foreigner". You apparently interpret that to mean "falang". I was talking about Thai people and non-Thai people living in Thailand and using the Thai internet infrastructure. I did not and do not mean to imply an "VERSUS" .... that, again, is the way you are choosing to interpret it.

At any rate... I am not looking for an argument or debate. I don't think Thai internet users have the problems or complaints as a whole that "foreignors" do because they cannot get something from another country. I'm pretty sure you feel diffently. That's your option to feel that way.

I don't think Thai people AS A WHOLE have the problems with the internet that non-Thai people do - at least not my Thai friends.

MSPain

Edited by hml367

That may well be the case for obvious reasons...

Thai nationals, in general, probably are accessing more content in their own language based here in Thailand, and thus able to do so at higher local in-country speed rates...'

Whereas foreigners, farang or other, are relying more on international outbound connections to content in their natives languages. And at least to the U.S., those connections from Thailand are pretty poor and slow. Not much better, if better at all, to Europe... Probably somewhat better to other Asian countries because they are nearby.

Glad you set that to rights... <_<