Unknown Foreigner Jumps To His Death From Mike Shopping Mall.

Pattaya_Fox

Unknown Foreigner jumps to his death from Mike Shopping Mall.

On Monday evening, Police and rescue workers made their way to Mike Shopping Mall in South Pattaya to investigate reports of a foreign man who appeared to have jumped from the Swimming Pool area located on the 10th floor of the building. At the scene, Police inspected the body of the foreign man thought to be aged around 40. He was carrying no forms of identification and at this time his name and nationality is unknown. Security Guards mentioned spotting the man entering the swimming pool area and he appeared to be calm. He was then seen climbing onto the balcony overlooking the pool and he then jumped to his death. Any motive behind the apparent suicide is unknown at this time as Police attempt to determine who he is and where he comes from. Police are appealing for anyone who may know the man to come forward.

Pattaya One News

24th June 2008

The guy must have been very distressed to do this and I feel sorry for him, but it does seem to be an especially selfish way to go- leaving it to others to clear up the mess. I suppose suicide is a selfish thing to do anyway.

Someone else just last month jumped from the swimming pool area. Truly bizarre. I often wonder why the

thai people think we're all nuts but if you stay here long enough these crazy deaths will happen where you

work or even where you are temporarily calling home. This isn't a good place for unstable folks to come. :o

Pattaya finishes off another farang. This cruel city seems to promise a paradise on earth but like all other things that seem to be too good to be true its promises are hollow and its core, truly rotten, once exposed proves the last straw for the those who seek the eternal and inescapable suffering of this wretched life.

Very True Briggsy but it allways seems to be the Thai lady who somehow make these foreingners get so down that they think the only way out is suicide because they can't cope with coming home back to the real world and leaving there chicks behind.

Feeligs go to the famillies of this young man.

The guy must have been very distressed to do this and I feel sorry for him, but it does seem to be an especially selfish way to go- leaving it to others to clear up the mess. I suppose suicide is a selfish thing to do anyway.

Yes, it is a very sad and selfish thing to do...

BB

Very True Briggsy but it allways seems to be the Thai lady who somehow make these foreingners get so down that they think the only way out is suicide because they can't cope with coming home back to the real world and leaving there chicks behind.

Feeligs go to the famillies of this young man.

No, there are other reasons; for example, the man finally realizes, about the time his money starts to run out, that the lady has been playing him all along.

Pattaya finishes off another farang. This cruel city seems to promise a paradise on earth but like all other things that seem to be too good to be true its promises are hollow and its core, truly rotten, once exposed proves the last straw for the those who seek the eternal and inescapable suffering of this wretched life.

I was feeling quite happy and contented this morning, until I read that

I was feeling quite happy and contented this morning, until I read that

You still are. It's a choice between boredom and suffering. I'm going with boredom for awhile. Oh yeh, stay out of P____a.

Edited by Shotime

It seems like every day. I will never again go to Pattaya.
You still are. It's a choice between boredom and suffering. I'm going with boredom for awhile. Oh yeh, stay out of P____a.

What a sad person to use this thread to voice his/her polluted opinions about a town. If you hate Pattaya so much why do you frequent the Pattaya forum and feel compelled to post not one but three replies?

The issue here is that a middle age man commits suicide in Pattaya and NO other solid facts are known. Who knows he may have just been diagnosed with a terminal illness? He may have got up there to get a better view and slipped off. He may have been mentally ill. We don't know the facts and, whilst conjecture fills up the thread, probably never will unless the local press actually bother doing a follow up piece.

btw I lived in Pattaya for some twelve years and never witnessed a suicide so to use that as a reason not to go is frankly pathetic.

That was well written Briggsy. It can be a very mean place here and if you neglect

keeping up a small crew of friends, some of these locals and the city can be rotten,

it's not a good place for the faint at heart and those easily led down the wrong path. :o

Pattaya seems like a wonderfull alternative to the hum-drum life of many western nations - untill the music stops!

There are many lost souls in pattaya> They naively think that the life they experienced during their extended holidays will be the norm. They soon discover that their companion is totaly useless outside the full board life style of hotel living - cant boil an egg and is a finacial drain. Many unfortunate guys have little experience of womanly ways and having done their cash and burned their bridges cant face the thought of life in a cold bedsit back home!

No money, no honey - a sad fact!

Edited by whatsoever

i told my missus about this and she said 'why do so many farang do this? u dont do this oneday ok? you never know about your 2nd life you might come back as a small snake!!" hahaha so she never said she will miss me then!! just i might be unlucky not to come back as a human but a snake!!

The number of people leaping to their deaths in Pattaya seems grossly disproportionate to the rest of the world.

I wonder what the statistics are?

The Vegas suicide rate is very high as well.. but not talked about as much, as it happens all the time... I think its the same principle... play until your luck turns sour ....I.E. HIV, Girlfriend was playing you, wife runs off with a bigger wallet, and of course burnt all your bridges to get here and or out of money or a way to get money Pattaya has the same feel as Vegas ... hel_l walking street looks like Vegas... People with obsessive and or compulsive disorders ruin places like this for everyone. Don't get me wrong I feel for the people that took their own life. Counseling is severely lacking in this country. That being said, I support ones choice to live or die... Who am I to tell someone else that their life is worth living. I believe its an individuals choice, and a private choice. Doing it in such a public way is a very selfish act. If I was ever to end my own life I would go off and do it alone and in a way that the least amount of people find out about it.