Kawasaki Ksr

I've just bought a KSR and I want to do it up a bit, I'm looking at a new headlight and a new exhaust but I cant see too many choices in my part of town, is there anywhere with a big choice of components?

I'm not only after these two things, I want to completely change it...

Or the locations are too many for a normal person to post. The best thing you can do is to buy a Thai motorcycle magazine open it up to the first or second advertising and you found your accessory/components shop. If you a bit shy to talk with hand and feet to a Thai person and not understand Thai language you can also contact RedBaron (some parts a bit more expensive)

I was hoping there would be somewhere central, like if I want to buy a bicycle I'd go to the bicycle street Thanon Luang, or if I wanted bedding I'd go to the bedding street almost parallel to Thanon Luang, in the same vein I was hoping there would be a KSR accessories street... I heard there was something similar to this in Rangsit but that's too far for me to just go looking for some area or street, I live in Bangkok Noi not many of these bikes arund here...I need dealer addresses!

Don't know what Redbaron is, I've googled it and found nothing in Thailand, any more leads would be appreciated

Thanks for any helpful responses

Just found phone numbers for redbaron, I also found a load of moaning about the service and attitude towards falang(on thaivisa links) so might put off a visit to them for the time-being

Edited by KohKarrang

OK, as I'm quite a way out of BKK don't like to just travel in and spend my days walking the streets looking for shops so I send emails to shops I find and hope for responses, I've jsut done that with redbaron, fingers crossed for a response..

Kawasaki ShopParts and Sale of Crossbikes (they race Moto Cross Races), good choice Castrol OilsCharoen Muang soi 5, off Bantadtong rd, Pathum Wan, 1 Km northeast of Hualampong Railway Station, behind all the second hand bike part shops in that area

Thanks for the links mate, not to many products but its a start :o

I spent 2 hours on the back of a motorbike taxi yesterday trawling the streets of Yawarat/Patumwan and after asking about 50 people - all of them working in the motorbike repairs/modifications industry - I found 1 shop, a very small shop with a great selection of kit, I got his card so if anybody is interested in this guy in this part of town PM me and I'll give you his number/location, he also had a copy KSR magazine which I didn't even know existed and I just browsed throught it and pointed at things and he said in pretty good English that he either had it in stock or could order, a gem of a shop :D

I bought a double halogen headlamp fitting with kind of a fairing for B700 - not sure if this was cheap or expensive but I didn't care by this time of the day, I also bought a new front mud-guard, a lowered one that sits just above the wheel instead of just below the headlight.

All in all I was pleased with what I found and as it's not too far from where I live I'll be ging bak for more, I saw in the magazine some tyres that were simply beautiful, the guy in the shop said they were Dunlop, they looked like they'd been scuplted by a thai artist! Think they're my next purchse or maybe I'll get a nice - but not too noisy - exhaust next...

A happy KSR owner(now!)

• 2 weeks later...

About ur exhaust.. Police usually doesnt care much about how noisy KSR is, but sometimes they can be a bitch. I havent have any problems about my "noisy" exhaust (Tsugiki under seat), althought its quite noisy for my ears (without silencer) when riding with full speed. My exhaust was 5.500THB, but range for exhaust goes from 3000 (thai made) to 20,000+ Japanese brand name exhausts.

I can recommend those Dunlop T92 tyres, tho u might need to chance your swing arm too bc those dunlops are bigger than standard.

number for 1 shop that is owned by thai guy who speaks perfect english is 02-92743225, ask for nick

Edited by arvilind

hi - I just bought a ksr that has a few differnt mod parts - looking to get the plastic and tank re-painted all one colour - any ideas where i should go for a good job . The guy i bought it off said i could get it done for 2000THB but the place is a long way from my house . ( live in sukhumvit area) thansk for your help!

• 2 months later...

Can anyone recommend a place where i can purchase a KSR110. I have been to a few places around prakanong and the only had one in stock but said they could order. I want to go somewhere where have a bit of choice in the colour scheme and maybe somewhere where i can buy some mods at the same time. Im in Sukhumvit in Bangkok but can travel. I have checked the forums but havent found anything solid yet. Any info would be appreciated.

Thanks for the links mate, not to many products but its a start :o

I spent 2 hours on the back of a motorbike taxi yesterday trawling the streets of Yawarat/Patumwan and after asking about 50 people - all of them working in the motorbike repairs/modifications industry - I found 1 shop, a very small shop with a great selection of kit, I got his card so if anybody is interested in this guy in this part of town PM me and I'll give you his number/location, he also had a copy KSR magazine which I didn't even know existed and I just browsed throught it and pointed at things and he said in pretty good English that he either had it in stock or could order, a gem of a shop :D

I bought a double halogen headlamp fitting with kind of a fairing for B700 - not sure if this was cheap or expensive but I didn't care by this time of the day, I also bought a new front mud-guard, a lowered one that sits just above the wheel instead of just below the headlight.

All in all I was pleased with what I found and as it's not too far from where I live I'll be ging bak for more, I saw in the magazine some tyres that were simply beautiful, the guy in the shop said they were Dunlop, they looked like they'd been scuplted by a thai artist! Think they're my next purchse or maybe I'll get a nice - but not too noisy - exhaust next...

A happy KSR owner(now!)

Hey there - i am after a ksr too, and would like to know where you got yours, and where this good shop is?

cheers

Paddy

• 2 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
http://www.likito.com/

here's a shop

kawasakiksr.com proves very usefull (english too), including prices of quality upgrade and links to ksrthailand.com with lots of suppliers.

'Kawasaki KSR options' Vol 2 is a publication distributed in bike circles (083494-5453). Had some problems finding it but it's worth the effort (all in thai but very informative)

A certain Pekky seems to be the leading guy involved in modifications.