Sausage Casings

marcus

I have found the recipes, ordered a meat grinder, so I'm almost ready to make my home made Franfurters and Salamis. Just one thing is missing : I have no idea where to buy the casings. Anyone has a suggestion ?

Not sure about what you use for franks and salami but we use fresh pig small intestine for UK style bangers, comes from Tesco or your local butcher :o

But this mean that you have to clean them by yourself, or can Lotus staff do it ?

Macro also has casings. It looks like intestine to me. It was frozen in the frozen meat section.

Thankx ! I will check it out this evening !

Think I found them, and it look indeed like intestines :o

I'm afraid that they are useless for sausages. What I heard is that you have to clean them carefully just after the animal died, and take away all the fat around them - a quite dirty job. The result would look completely different as the intestines you buy for Thai food. In Western countries you can just order them online.

What I really hope to find are the collagen ones, just as on this site . Of course I can ship them from the UK, but it would be much easier if I can buy them over here.

We make sausages, and casings, which are typically intestines just about anywhere in the world, are difficut to buy because all the real sausage makers in the markets buy them up first. Makro sells them but we only saw them in 5+ kilo bags, probably for sale to those real sausage makers. That's a lot of sausages. But they were frozen so you could keep them for a long while. Good luck.

I have used casing from Tesco and with a little cleaning and trimming they work just fine.

I have made my own salami as well using collagen casings bought in Thailand.... I ordered them via snail mail.

I have also been able to obtain salted sheep casings in Thailand for use in making breakfast links as well as salami meat sticks (SlimJim type snacks). They worked great.

Try GloboFoods in Thailand

http://www.globofoods.com/ingredients.html

Globo Foods Ltd.

482 Mu 1 Soi Pookmitr, Rod Rang Kao Rd.,

Samrongtai, Phrapradaeng,

Samutprakarn 10130 Thailand. Tel : (662) 384-0036, 384-2772-4

Fax : (662) 384-0817, 380-3035

E-Mail : [email protected] (Central)

[email protected] (Sales & Marketing Department)

They also have phosphates and sodium nitrite/nitrate cures.

Just about everything you need.

Hope this helps.

We make sausages, and casings, which are typically intestines just about anywhere in the world, are difficut to buy because all the real sausage makers in the markets buy them up first. Makro sells them but we only saw them in 5+ kilo bags, probably for sale to those real sausage makers. That's a lot of sausages. But they were frozen so you could keep them for a long while. Good luck.

I found them ! Here they sell in bags of 1 kg, still enough to make enough sausages to feed the whole village, but better as 5 kg :o

I have used casing from Tesco and with a little cleaning and trimming they work just fine.

I have made my own salami as well using collagen casings bought in Thailand.... I ordered them via snail mail.

I have also been able to obtain salted sheep casings in Thailand for use in making breakfast links as well as salami meat sticks (SlimJim type snacks). They worked great.

Try GloboFoods in Thailand

http://www.globofoods.com/ingredients.html

Globo Foods Ltd.

482 Mu 1 Soi Pookmitr, Rod Rang Kao Rd.,

Samrongtai, Phrapradaeng,

Samutprakarn 10130 Thailand. Tel : (662) 384-0036, 384-2772-4

Fax : (662) 384-0817, 380-3035

E-Mail : [email protected] (Central)

[email protected] (Sales & Marketing Department)

They also have phosphates and sodium nitrite/nitrate cures.

Just about everything you need.

Hope this helps.

Thanks for the link ! Looks like they have everything I need indeed. I'm just wondering if they will sell small quantities to a private person.

What do you mean by "bought collagen casings in Thailand by snail mail " ? You found a supplier in Thailand or just let them ship from overseas ?

What do you mean by "bought collagen casings in Thailand by snail mail " ? You found a supplier in Thailand or just let them ship from overseas ?

They were shipped from within Thailand.

I cant remember if it was the same company as above, but they sent my wife a whole pack of free samples.... However, my fuzzy memory recalls the origin may have been either Europe or China (no lead, I'm sure).

• 1 year later...

I am also looking for collagen casings or cleaned natural casings but having trawled through the internet can't find a supplier here in Thailand. Can anyone help with a contact number. Globo foods were helpful on the cure and seasons though.

• Like 1

I am also looking for collagen casings or cleaned natural casings but having trawled through the internet can't find a supplier here in Thailand. Can anyone help with a contact number. Globo foods were helpful on the cure and seasons though.

THB3,100 for 450 metres of collagen casings here

In makro you can buy 900g inestine pack for 315,- baht. Look in the long frozen meat boxes.

They allready cleaned and salted. Before you use it you must put it arround 1-2 hours in water before use clean it inside under running water.

Edited by snowgard

Wayne at 0822190430

30/15mt 3100 baht

wayne at

30 ea / 15 mt 3100 baht