House Blue Book Deception

telaksslave

ok the usual story, its probably been told a 1000 times, my friend falls head over heels with this beautiful Thai lady, she seemed so nice well educated, university degree, 35 years old looked 25 . never been married, worked for 13 years with a well known electronics company, it was not a problem for her to stand up at a seminar and entertain a large crowd, she could not have baby's, because of the customary road accident, everything seemed great, although he loves her he wasn't too keen on getting married, it all seemed so quick, hed a couple of failed marriages under his belt, but she was insistent on marriage very quickly, so he agreed as she said she had never been married before and she would take care of him for the rest of his life and she wanted nothing from him from before, that would be left to his children so they had a will set up, after a few weeks of bliss his wife noticed, that the blue book was incorrect, it was in the German builders Thai wife name, so he went off to have it verified by a lawyer and it was true what his wife said, so she said instead of paying a lawyer silly money she could go and do it for a few 100 baht, to put it in his company name, then after a short period there was rage attacks from her, she turned overnight from being the perfect wife to an aggressive virtually unlivable person, she run off told him she wants a divorce and came out with the most disgusting language imaginable and she comes out with the house is hers as she put it in her name and not the company, you might think my friend is stupid, but she gained his trust and all the signing he done was on Thai forms, can he do anything by Thai law ??? she said she knows the Thai law and its hers when he dies by law,as she is his wife HELP

Edited by telaksslave

Has he any proof that he transferred money here to buy the house. If he has, he has a running chance that he might get that money back from having to Auction the house.

it was 7 years ago that money was transfered for the house in Thailand from the UK. he still has the account number from then, but will it still be on there records re: the transfer transaction

Has he any proof that he transferred money here to buy the house. If he has, he has a running chance that he might get that money back from having to Auction the house.

it was 7 years ago that money was transfered for the house in Thailand from the UK. he still has the account number from then, but will it still be on there records re: the transfer transaction

The UK bank should still have a record of the Transaction and he needs a copy of this. As soon as he recieves this, he needs to go immediately to a Lawyer. The word 'URGENT' now comes to mind. The Lady in question might very well have already sold his house or remortgaged it for it's full value.

May as well check to see if "she" is really a man or not while he's at it. Have seen more than a few farangs, not yet married, but apparently on the road to marital "bliss" with gender questionable "gals."

:o

The UK bank should still have a record of the Transaction and he needs a copy of this. As soon as he recieves this, he needs to go immediately to a Lawyer. The word 'URGENT' now comes to mind. The Lady in question might very well have already sold his house or remortgaged it for it's full value.

but he still has the book and the deeds locked up in his safe, can she still sell it without these ??

Educated or not,White skin or not,a bad one is a bad one.I laugh my nuts off when i hear some guys say,SHE NOT BAR GIRL SHE IS WHITE SKIN AND EDUCATED.Does this make them a nice lady or not.Some lovely thai ladies and some not so lovely,like any country in the world.Freelancers are plentiful in many parts of thailand so smell the coffee guys and be prepared to get ripped off by all kinds.

In reverse smell the coffee, gals too.

but he still has the book and the deeds locked up in his safe, can she still sell it without these ??

Luckily, he has more credit than I gave him. She should not be able to do too much without these but can always get a copy since she is the owner. He still needs to get a copy of transfer of funds from his bank and still go and visit a Lawyer when he has this proof and make sure the house is transfered into his Company name with a 30 year lease registered at the Land Office. This might cost him a bit for transfer taxes etc., but it will be less than the heartache and loss of his home.

Educated or not,White skin or not,a bad one is a bad one.I laugh my nuts off when i hear some guys say,SHE NOT BAR GIRL SHE IS WHITE SKIN AND EDUCATED.Does this make them a nice lady or not.Some lovely thai ladies and some not so lovely,like any country in the world.Freelancers are plentiful in many parts of thailand so smell the coffee guys and be prepared to get ripped off by all kinds.

I also doubt the she cant have baby’s as well

Look im just quoting what some Thai people sitting next to me said about the sitcho. The fact that she just took it to some person that can change the names doesn’t mean shit all. And , and yeah if he keeps records around then it should be quiet easy to set her straight, but he should be worried about divorce after as she might get some goodies form him. But because she was such a cow she might look silly in front of a court depending on who they favor. Anyways when that dose happen give me her number she sounds very sassy!!

I think you are all missing something here. The Tibbian Baan (ie: blue book) is not 'ownership' of anything, it only defines the Thai persons actual residential address (as all Thai's must be registered). Therefore the actual 'Chanoot' (land ownership paper from the Land office) must still be in the old wife's name or his company (whichever way he did it previously). So she can rant and rave as much as she likes but doesn't have any claim at this time.

I think you are all missing something here. The Tibbian Baan (ie: blue book) is not 'ownership' of anything, it only defines the Thai persons actual residential address (as all Thai's must be registered). Therefore the actual 'Chanoot' (land ownership paper from the Land office) must still be in the old wife's name or his company (whichever way he did it previously). So she can rant and rave as much as she likes but doesn't have any claim at this time.

The word 'Chanoot' is the same as 'Deed' in English which the guy has locked in his safe at the moment, Luckily, but he still needs to go and get this matter sorted out for his own security. Luckily, after re-reading the OP's post, he also had the forsight of making a Will before they married, so, in fact she hasn't got too many grounds to take much atall from him especially since they were only married for a few months anyway.

It pays to take the time to get to know someone before you marry them too.
I agree, that was his first mistake letting her make demands, be a man and do what you want,...if these type of women smell fear and a wimp they will go for the throat,.

ok the usual story, its probably been told a 1000 times, my friend falls head over heels with this beautiful Thai lady, she seemed so nice well educated, university degree, 35 years old looked 25 . never been married, worked for 13 years with a well known electronics company, it was not a problem for her to stand up at a seminar and entertain a large crowd, she could not have baby's, because of the customary road accident, everything seemed great, although he loves her he wasn't too keen on getting married, it all seemed so quick, hed a couple of failed marriages under his belt, but she was insistent on marriage very quickly, so he agreed as she said she had never been married before and she would take care of him for the rest of his life and she wanted nothing from him from before, that would be left to his children so they had a will set up, after a few weeks of bliss his wife noticed, that the blue book was incorrect, it was in the German builders Thai wife name, so he went off to have it verified by a lawyer and it was true what his wife said, so she said instead of paying a lawyer silly money she could go and do it for a few 100 baht, to put it in his company name, then after a short period there was rage attacks from her, she turned overnight from being the perfect wife to an aggressive virtually unlivable person, she run off told him she wants a divorce and came out with the most disgusting language imaginable and she comes out with the house is hers as she put it in her name and not the company, you might think my friend is stupid, but she gained his trust and all the signing he done was on Thai forms, can he do anything by Thai law ??? she said she knows the Thai law and its hers when he dies by law,as she is his wife HELP

Gets some paragraphs and punctuation man. Sentences! You're killing my eyes.

The word 'Chanoot' is the same as 'Deed' in English which the guy has locked in his safe at the moment

Locking a deed or chanote in your safe doesn't protect you from losing your property if it's not in your name. All she needs to do is go to the police station, report the chanote lost and then go to the land dept. to have a new one issued. As long as there is no lien on the chanote as per the land dept. records, they'll issue her a new one lickety split (well, as lickety split as the land dept. does anything anyway... anywhere from half and hour to an entire morning or afternoon).

The name on the Bai Chanot is the critical issue, not the Tabian Bahn (blue book).

My house is in my company name, but my wife is the head of the household on the Tabian Bahn.

May as well check to see if "she" is really a man or not while he's at it. Have seen more than a few farangs, not yet married, but apparently on the road to marital "bliss" with gender questionable "gals."

there never fails 2 b 1 idiot

Luckily, he has more credit than I gave him. She should not be able to do too much without these but can always get a copy since she is the owner. He still needs to get a copy of transfer of funds from his bank and still go and visit a Lawyer when he has this proof and make sure the house is transfered into his Company name with a 30 year lease registered at the Land Office. This might cost him a bit for transfer taxes etc., but it will be less than the heartache and loss of his home.

He needs to get a move on. UK banks only keep records for 7 years.

Gets some paragraphs and punctuation man. Sentences! You're killing my eyes.

you chakwow too much :o

The name on the Bai Chanot is the critical issue, not the Tabian Bahn (blue book).

My house is in my company name, but my wife is the head of the household on the Tabian Bahn.

I completely agree. The OP needs to check the facts, before appropriate advice can be given.

I'm not an expert but I'll wager that it would take a heck of a lot more than a morning at the land office to get a chanot changed. These things are like gold dust and are guarded with people's lives and are very, very difficult to get re-issued without a huge amount of hassle. Even a car book is extremely difficult to get re-issued. Both a chanot and a car book are sufficient collateral to borrow money - so think about it.

If the guy was genuinely cheated and he has good evidence to prove what his intentions were in respect of the house ownership, then he has a case in the Thai courts.

A few years ago I had a similar experience and sued the lady for the return of my house which she fraudulently took from me. I won the case and the court ordered the house to be sold at public auction, and I received the proceeds. However - even after the court order, it took months to get the chanot changed out of the lady's name so that the house could be sold.

He must be extremely careful with choice of lawyer though, as many will play both sides against each other and make side agreements with the Thai wife.There's more money in getting a percentage from the wife than just charging a fee to the farang.

Don't trust anyone.

The blue book - as you call it - shows who lives at the property not who owns it. I rent a number of propertys and i dont give a toss who puts their names on the books. I have never read so many BS replys from clueless individuals.

The name change on the blue book is done at the local amphur and never needs the expensive services of a lawyer. Sounds like your mate is a total <deleted> wit.

hey mate stop making stories there was nothing said about bar girls or being white, she is far from white "you say guys say", dont put words into my mouth, i did not insinuate anything like your suggestion, i was painting the story with no thought in my mind, i only gave facts as best as i can, i could have done it better, but i dont write for a living and as uv "laughed your nuts off " does that mean uv got no balls :o

Always a racist dreg in the bunch it seems. What a looser, What the F dose the color of a person's skin have to do with their level of integrity?

Anyway as for you friend. He is pretty stupid, all he had to do was pay the lawyer or even an advisory service like Sunbelt.

Oh and how old is he?

The blue book - as you call it - shows who lives at the property not who owns it. I rent a number of propertys and i dont give a toss who puts their names on the books. I have never read so many BS replys from clueless individuals.

The name change on the blue book is done at the local amphur and never needs the expensive services of a lawyer. Sounds like your mate is a total <deleted> wit.

ok so you know more than me big deal,i have just tried to help, then you let yourself down by using bad language and if you want to call my friend with bad language behind a computer why not arrange to meet and tell him to his face then we will see who is the clever one,

hey mate stop making stories there was nothing said about bar girls or being white, she is far from white "you say guys say", dont put words into my mouth, i did not insinuate anything like your suggestion, i was painting the story with no thought in my mind, i only gave facts as best as i can, i could have done it better, but i dont write for a living and as uv "laughed your nuts off " does that mean uv got no balls :o

WELL EDUCATED,UNIVERSITY DEGREE

I THOUGHT THE NEXT THING WAS SHE HAD WHITE SKIN LOL.I SAID SOME GUYS NOT YOU FELLA.ALSO I KNOW YOU DIDNT SAY ANYTHING ABOUT BAR GIRLS BUT AS I SAID SOME GUYS COME ON HERE AND GET RIPPED OFF BY BAR GIRLS.I MADE A COMMENT THAT THEY DONT HAVE TO BE BAR GIRLS TO GET RIPPED OFF.MY THOUGHTS WERE TO PAINT A PICTURE FOR OTHER MEN OR WOMEN FOR THAT MATTER,I AM NOT SEXIST LOL.HAVE TO GO NOW MY HUGE BALLS NEED EMPTYING BY A BEAUTIFUL EDUCATED,UNIVERSITY DEGREE WHITE HI-SO YOUNGISH LADY,WINKY WINKY THING

I'm not an expert but I'll wager that it would take a heck of a lot more than a morning at the land office to get a chanot changed. These things are like gold dust and are guarded with people's lives and are very, very difficult to get re-issued without a huge amount of hassle. Even a car book is extremely difficult to get re-issued. Both a chanot and a car book are sufficient collateral to borrow money - so think about it.

A chanote changed, yes, impossible without all parties involved. If the chanote is in the OP's company name, or his name if he's a naturalized Thai citizen... then he doesn't have anything to worry about. If the chanote is in his wife's name, it's indeed her property, no matter where the chanote is locked away. If the latter is the case, all she needs is a case of police report + day at the amphur to confirm that the property doesn't have any liens (whether by a bank or another individual). It's pretty simple and have seen it done on more than a few occasions with worn out chanotes that were basically just unreadable tattered remains of 30-40+ year old pieces of paper.

Edited by Heng