Magnetic Paint

Makyai

I am on a search for magnetic paint so that I can convert an old free standing blackboard to a magnetic one that the kids can use. We have magnetic alphabets that the kids play with on the fridge, but the free standing blackboard offers more room.

I know that this type of paint is available in Australia, but haven't been able to locate them here in Thailand. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Regards

Makyai

makyai,

just a thought, but it might be easier/cheaper to paint a piece of sheet metal with chalkboard paint, then you could use it for both chalk and magnets? You could use a pretty thin gauge and just laminate it to the old surface with contact cement, add a couple of screws for insurance (this all assumes the old chalk board isn't actual slate of course!).

hth

makyai,

just a thought, but it might be easier/cheaper to paint a piece of sheet metal with chalkboard paint, then you could use it for both chalk and magnets? You could use a pretty thin gauge and just laminate it to the old surface with contact cement, add a couple of screws for insurance (this all assumes the old chalk board isn't actual slate of course!).

hth

Thanks for the though beechstreet and I think that you might be right. It was wishful thinking on my part, but thanks for the idea.