Good Or Bad?

Timy

I still believe in the two most important tenets of life, trust no one, and nothing is free. Double it when you're away from home.

You've been keeping the wrong company. I prefer 'trust until you've been given reason not to' and 'give without seeking reward'. When I'm away from home I double that too.

Nothing is free? How about compassion? Generosity? What about all the voluntary organisations around the world? Did you know you can get free accommodation online using globalfreeloaders or hospitalityclub.org ?

And the time the members give to being hosts and unofficial guides?... The love I give and receive from my children? Family? Friends?

FREE.

Edited by awakened

Sorry, you're absolutely right. I wasn't referring to emotions when I said nothing is free, and there are many compassionate, generous people in the world. It's one of the only things that has got us this far. The tenets are more like a reference point. Family were never meant to be included either. I taught my children these reference points should they get confused.

To keep this on topic, be careful out there. There's good and bad all around you.