Good News Manu Fans

bkkjames

Whilst Bendix my not be everyones cup of tea, he is an informed football supporter, who in this instance I agree with.

But in his post he mentions that Thai fans dont understand ManU's history and heritage etc...

The reason ManU are such a big a club is because theyve always attracted these kind of fans and like it or not theyre part of ManU's fabric, without these fans ManU wouldnt exist in the manner they do today.

ManU sold out long before the Americans arrived, Everton are the only top club that hasnt sold out.

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Whilst Bendix my not be everyones cup of tea, he is an informed football supporter, who in this instance I agree with.

But in his post he mentions that Thai fans dont understand ManU's history and heritage etc...

The reason ManU are such a big a club is because theyve always attracted these kind of fans and like it or not theyre part of ManU's fabric, without these fans ManU wouldnt exist in the manner they do today.

ManU sold out long before the Americans arrived, Everton are the only top club that hasnt sold out.

Oh dear, you've totally missed the point. :o

Spoken like someone who hasn't had a sniff at a trophy since when? Leeds, they still have a team there?

Please don't pollute this thread with your 'poor me' attitude. That's from a MAN U fan that's not afraid to speak up and tell you what I think mate.

I'm not sure what 'having a sniff at a trophy' has to do with this thread, except in the instance that fans who stick by their clubs during both good and bad times is probably a concept that is diametrically opposed to the concept of 'Man Utd themed bars.'

And that's just my point. A real fan (including real Man Utd fans like redrus) wouldnt be seen dead in places like this.

They are a cynical manipulation of a disgusting new trend in world football - the rise of the passionless, ill-informed, follower of fashion football fan, many of whom seem to be emerging from Asia's rising middle classes.

But, hey, if it makes you proud to have this sort of thing, go for it . . will it have Red lager and lots of prawn sandwiches?

So, Munich was a PR stunt then....?

Look, Everton are in the Premier League, they pay their players millions, they charge their fans a fortune, maybe not as much as others, regardless, they have sold out. Do they give their Sky millions back...?They've sold out....!

The only reason you think you they have not sold out is because they haven't been bought, cos no-one wants them. So, please, let them continue being 'The Peoples Club', and continue with living in the shadow of their bin dipping breatheren and winning <deleted> all.

Everton, the only club that wishes they were City.... :o

redrus

Spoken like someone who hasn't had a sniff at a trophy since when? Leeds, they still have a team there?

Please don't pollute this thread with your 'poor me' attitude. That's from a MAN U fan that's not afraid to speak up and tell you what I think mate.

I'm not sure what 'having a sniff at a trophy' has to do with this thread, except in the instance that fans who stick by their clubs during both good and bad times is probably a concept that is diametrically opposed to the concept of 'Man Utd themed bars.'

And that's just my point. A real fan (including real Man Utd fans like redrus) wouldnt be seen dead in places like this.

They are a cynical manipulation of a disgusting new trend in world football - the rise of the passionless, ill-informed, follower of fashion football fan, many of whom seem to be emerging from Asia's rising middle classes.

But, hey, if it makes you proud to have this sort of thing, go for it . . will it have Red lager and lots of prawn sandwiches?

One thing for certain that it will have, is no atmosphere and a load of pretentious posers, if the Singapore version is anything to go by.