So, You Want To Own Property (land) In Thailand?

Guest #1man

http://<URL Automatically Removed>/doing-things-legally/1...y-thailand.html

Thanks for trying.

Looks like the forum software prohibits the link.

A pity because there could be a lot more useful information on that website.

Edited by #1man

Guest #1man

I have had a reply from William Jarvis

There is a whole section on that website for legal questions about Thailand.

Some very useful information there.

PM me if you want the URL

William. Could you, briefly, kindly explain how & why the article is out dated?

Hi mate.

The article is "out of date" in that it was written 3 years ago when I was still active in Thailand. I have been out of Thailand for almost a year and have not kept up-to-date with recent changes as best I should have to have maintained an article like that.

For example, there is no longer a need to have 7 shareholders in a Thai company. The requirement of 4 shareholders changed even earlier than that.

The basic fundamentals may remain similar, but the nitty gritty is dated.

I should also add that this formed part of a string of articles I wrote over a period of two or so years. The rationale for the article(s) was not to provide an answer to all problems or questions, nor were they written as a means of trying to entice people into entering into transactions they were not already considering. What they were intended to do, which I agree may not have happened, was to allow people to have a certain level of knowledge that if they were considering something, the articles could raise questions/issues the reader could raise with their advisers.

Also, as those who knew me in Thailand could probably vouch, I never advertised my services in Thailand. You either knew me or you didn't. I enjoyed writing articles for fun, but in no way were they intended to 'drum up' trade.

Most important however, as I no longer reside in Thailand, I would not wish those who do to consider entering a transaction based on something I wrote some time ago - and almost in a different life!

:o

Edited by WilliamJarvis