Good Place For Quiz Night?

BugJackBaron

Scroll down this page and you will find the Pattaya quiz teams..........take your pick. :D

http://www.pattayamail.com/618/sports.shtml

Edit....just noticed that link is from 2005........strange i got it from this weeks Pattaya Mail......obviously they aint updated it in quite a while. :o

Anyway the Rising Sun quiz team i still on the go (Soi Yamoto)...sure a few of the others will be as well

Edited by thaiflyer1

Pub Quiz nights at:

The Bowling Green (soi X-Zyte) every Tuesday, starts 9:00 pm, free sarnies.

The Sportsman (soi 13) every Thursday, starts 9:00 pm, free pie and chips

Sundays & Wednesdays (soon to be Mondays and Wednesdays) at 8:30 pm, Pattaya Quiz League various venues - play home and away. Bars include:

Rising Sun, Nervous Wreck (soi Yamato)

Londoner (soi Post Office)

Palmers, Cheers (soi Pattayaland 2)

OK Corral (soi Rungland)

Bowling Green (soi X-Zyte)

Boxing Roo (3rd Road opp. soi Lengkee)

Shagwell Mansion (soi Arunothai)

Derbyshire (soi 6)

Helicopter (just off soi Buakhao behind the Bowling Green)

Nom's Bar (next door to All Seasons Hotel)

Hope this helps

Shagwell Mansions is part of the quiz league. Are you looking for a free for all quiz night? If so The Outback bar at Shagwell Mansions is looking to start a quiz night soon. Not sure when it will start or what day but when I find out I will let you know. Also there is going to be a Northern Soul night, again dont know when but will be soon I think.

• 1 year later...
@@@@@ UPDATE @@@@@

This topic is twelve months old now but does anyone have any update on current quiz nights in Pattaya/Jomtien?

Thanks.

Chesters, off soi nungplabwan in pattaya

every second saturday, 20 baht entry fee, winning team takes all, free hotpot, chilli or whatever at half time, starts 8-30

decent prices for booze, with a good natured expat crowd and Dave is a great host.

ps not this saturday.

Shenanigans at Jomtien have a quiz night on Tuesday nights.

The Pub Quiz is Monday and Wednesday - there is about 12 bars involved - just get the infor from Pattaya Mail. I know Nrevous Wreck and Rising Sun (Soi Yamato), The Derbyshire (Soi 6), Palmers and Cheers (Soi Pattayaland 2) are all still involved.

@@@@@ UPDATE @@@@@

This topic is twelve months old now but does anyone have any update on current quiz nights in Pattaya/Jomtien?

Thanks.

My list above is still fairly up to date. However Nom's and Helicopter are no longer playing. They have been replaced by:

Offshore Bar (soi X-Zyte, opposite the Bowling Green)

Wanky Tankie's (soi Yamato)

The Haven (soi LK Metro)

Legends (inside Nirun Condo, soi Arunothai)

And the Sunday quiz now takes place on a Monday night - all quizzes start at 8:30.

The Bowling Green and Sportsman quizzes are still going - start at 9:00.

There's also a (newish) afternoon quiz at Rin's Bar (Pattaya New Plaza, also known as soi Cheap Charlie) Starts at 3:30pm and a free delicious massaman curry.

Edited by eyebee

To update "eyebee"'s post re the Pub Quiz Wednesday Nights:

20:30 starting time.

Rising Sun, Nervous Wreck (Soi Yamato - Soi 13/1)

Londoner (Soi Post Office - Soi 13/2)

Palmers, Cheers (Soi Pattayaland 2)

OK Corral (soi Rungland - S. Ptty. Rd. just E. of 3rd. Rd.)

Bowling Green (Soi X-Zyte)

Boxing Roo (3rd Road opp. Soi Lengkee)

Shagwell Mansion (Soi Arunothai - Ptty. Klang 1 across from Carrefour)

Derbyshire (Soi 6)

Stag's Head (LK Metro nr. Buakhao)

Bunker (Soi Chaiyapoon nr. 3rd Rd.)

No membership required. You can team-hop until you find one that suits you. Some teams take the quiz more seriously than others. Some teams require you to fail a Breathalyzer Test before you can play. Drink prices will vary depending to some extent on location. Sandwiches served at most venues. No prizes, no trophies, no admission charges. And there are a few ladies that attend.

-redwood

Edited by redwood13

One slight mistake redwood. Stag's Head are no longer in the quiz, they've been replaced by Wanky Tankie's (soi Yamato).

BTW I am the secretary and adjuducator for the two quiz leagues. So PM me if you need any info.

What team do you play for redwood?

Edited by eyebee

And there is still an independent quiz night at Caddy Shack.

I doon't join in, because I am not regularly in Pattaya, still working abroad. But I was there in May and there were only a couple of teams competing, so they do need support.

And the food is good. (Just before Eden Hotel on Soi 17, approaching Thepprasit)