Chiropractor

ThaiPauly

Dr.Ken @Shewe Wana Wellness Center, 296 Charoenmaung Rd. ,Heading south towards town on your left. 053-240-020. Tell him Fat Jack recommended him and I get my next ten treatments for free. So you can imagine what he will charge you to recoup his free treatments for me. RELAX, just my humor.

He is not a bone cruncher,uses many techniques. Good guy,also. He is the one that writes the column in the Chiang Mai Mail or whatever that white colored small "newspaper" that folks read while waiting for your pizza to burn....I recommend him wholeheartedly

Edited by bunta71

Dr.Ken @Shewe Wana Wellness Center, 296 Charoenmaung Rd. ,Heading south towards town on your left. 053-240-020. Tell him Fat Jack recommended him and I get my next ten treatments for free. So you can imagine what he will charge you to recoup his free treatments for me. RELAX, just my humor.

He is not a bone cruncher,uses many techniques. Good guy,also. He is the one that writes the column in the Chiang Mai Mail or whatever that white colored small "newspaper" that folks read while waiting for your pizza to burn....I recommend him wholeheartedly

I second that, he's done wonders for me too :o

/ Priceless

This is good to know. I much prefer 'network chiropractic' rather than the 'bone crushers' and used one for some time after some guy named Fat Jack fell on me..

Come back and let us know how it went, TP..

I injured my back quite severely earlier this year and found a guy who helped me get free from constant pain and made it so I could start walking normally again almost right away. His name is Robert - a chiro from the US (who also does seminars and trainings with Dr. Ken) and I can't say enough about how much he helped me. Of course time helps heal as well, but Dr. Bob's approach - he's a naturopath too - was great, besides manipulation, massage and stretching, he gets into your life and deals with many things that can be affecting your body and mind, and thus your healing process. eg, 'How much raw foods are you eating ?' Maybe not a welcomed question by some, but it has merit - ala enzymes and vitamin intake. I changed up my diet and other things to make myself healthier. He's right there with you and setting you on a track to a healthier and better feeling you. It also helps that he's an athletic guy who has had, and recovered from, many injuries himself, so he understands pain and healing from a personal perspective. If you like give him a call with RTD's blessing. He's easy to find and near Siam TV in the center of the city. 083-949-1504 Robert

I took my Wife to see Dr.Ken yesterday.

After an hour of discussing her back problem and history and some (quite painful) manipulation , She walked out a new woman after three weeks of abject misery. Her smile and even complexion were much more like what I am used to, so She can now go on her holidays tomorrow.

Her back hurts a bit this morning, but nowhere as bad as it was before She went.

Going back again this afternoon for a top-up.

Thanks for the recomendations guys, (I did mention your name "Fat Jack"...even though I said it was "Fat Harry" but he knew it was "Fat Jack" LOL)

I can't thank you guys enough .....when I get back from the UK I am going to see him myself to see if he can get me back playing golf again...something I really miss doing but am unable to play because of my lower back.

I took my Wife to see Dr.Ken yesterday.

After an hour of discussing her back problem and history and some (quite painful) manipulation , She walked out a new woman after three weeks of abject misery. Her smile and even complexion were much more like what I am used to, so She can now go on her holidays tomorrow.

Her back hurts a bit this morning, but nowhere as bad as it was before She went.

Going back again this afternoon for a top-up.

Thanks for the recomendations guys, (I did mention your name "Fat Jack"...even though I said it was "Fat Harry" but he knew it was "Fat Jack" LOL)

I can't thank you guys enough .....when I get back from the UK I am going to see him myself to see if he can get me back playing golf again...something I really miss doing but am unable to play because of my lower back.

May change my name to Fat Hairy Jack...I knew he could help,glad your wife is better

• 4 weeks later...

I would also like to highly recommend Dr. Ken Leeper. Based on the comments in this thread I went to him to see if a nagging upper back pain could be helped. I've been very happy with the results and have received benefits well beyond taking care of my initial pain. The price was entirely reasonable and he spent a lot of time working on me.

I have no connection with Dr. Ken or the spa. I'm just a happy patient and want to share a good experience.

• 5 weeks later...

Licensed American chiropractor= a minimum of 4 years undergraduate and 3 years of chiropractic college at 20-30 thousand dollars per year + constantly attending seminars and researching new techniques for improved service to patients.

I think 800 baht is a true bargain. Many chiropractors sacrifice time with the patient for profit, often only spending a few minutes wtih them so they can see many clients per day.

Licensed American chiropractor= a minimum of 4 years undergraduate and 3 years of chiropractic college at 20-30 thousand dollars per year + constantly attending seminars and researching new techniques for improved service to patients.

My last doctor, who I used for the last 10 years before moving to Thailand, went through similar and costly training.

I think 800 baht is a true bargain.

Although it has been nearly 3 years since I went to a Chiro in NYC, With my excellent job health insurance, I paid $25 for a reputable in network chiro. Now that truly was a bargain considering that their USA total business and personal cost of living, is a heck of a lot greater than most of Thailand.

Many chiropractors sacrifice time with the patient for profit, often only spending a few minutes wtih them so they can see many clients per day.

That is why I asked if he really spent close to an hour but got no answer from those who responded.

That being said, if I needed to see a Chiro and he was the only Chiro here in CM, I would have no choice but to give him a try.

My last doctor, who I used for the last 10 years before moving to Thailand, went through similar and costly training.

I think 800 baht is a true bargain.

Although it has been nearly 3 years since I went to a Chiro in NYC, With my excellent job health insurance, I paid $25 for a reputable in network chiro. Now that truly was a bargain considering that their USA total business and personal cost of living, is a heck of a lot greater than most of Thailand.

Many chiropractors sacrifice time with the patient for profit, often only spending a few minutes wtih them so they can see many clients per day.

That is why I asked if he really spent close to an hour but got no answer from those who responded.

That being said, if I needed to see a Chiro and he was the only Chiro here in CM, I would have no choice but to give him a try.

A/ Dr Ken has always given me ~1 hour of his time, whenever I have visited him.

B/ As you yourself pointed out above, you had an "excellent job health insurance" when you utilized the "chiro's" services in New York. I am sure the chiropractor charged a lot more than $25/hour, just that you didn't see the true amount. If not, I feel sure that he/she is now out of business :o

/ Priceless

Edited by Priceless

erm sorry, just another quick question..does anyone know if he speaks Thai? Its not really a problem if he doesnt, of course, just I think my bf would feel better able to describe his problem in Thai rather than English.