Forum Maintenance Sunday 29 June 9pm And Onwards

george

Forum maintenance Sunday 29 June 8pm and onwards

Viorel, our sysadmin, will do a major forum upgrade starting tonight at approx. 7pm BKK time.

We expect no downtime for the first hour or so, as backups and housekeeping will take place, but from approx 8pm and onwards the forum will be inaccessable for an hour or two, maybe for several hours.

If the upgrade is successful we will test it internally for a little while, before reopen the forum to the public.

Be prepared for a bumpy ride this evening!

We apologize for any inconvenience.

well, cannot be that i will be bothered by it, right now i am at the other side of the world and it will take several hours more before it is 9 pm :D:D

Or is there something wrong with my way of thinking.... :o

Edit for typo

Edited by Carib

To my knowledge a post has disappeared in the internet forum posted by Cosmic Surfer, which simply noted he'd be trying suggestions tomorrow {Today}. Next time I went to the tab and refreshed I got the we are shut notice. So there may be other missing ones as well.

Regards

PS Whilst I can understand posting in the support forum that you are going to shut down the service, one should note that the vast majority won't see it {I didn't}. Why not use the email notification function ahead of such a, presumably planned process?

PPS The related post idea is interesting but doesn't know a computer card from an ATM card :o

Edited by A_Traveller

Guest Reimar
To my knowledge a post has disappeared in the internet forum posted by Cosmic Surfer, which simply noted he'd be trying suggestions tomorrow {Today}. Next time I went to the tab and refreshed I got the we are shut notice. So there may be other missing ones as well.

Regards

PS Whilst I can understand posting in the support forum that you are going to shut down the service, one should note that the vast majority won't see it {I didn't}. Why not use the email notification function ahead of such a, presumably planned process?

PPS The related post idea is interesting but doesn't know a computer card from an ATM card :o

Many members having the private E-Mail notification disabled. So that wouldn't work or just for some members.

About the disappeared post of CS. it's possible that the post disappears because hi was posting at the same time as the Maintenance was started.

Cheers.

^ Thanks for the reply, however, two points, a} more people have email alerts on than visit this support forum a day I'd guess, and b} looking back I see that I have a post missing too and these were not coterminous.

Regards

Edited by A_Traveller

Guest Reimar
And I lost a PM about the same time. Seems to me the backup was done before maintenance started, not after.

Sure before! What is if the updates fails and you want to backup after? Everything is gone by then!

Cheers.