Usa 10 Year Visa

I have come accross a couple of posts were someone has mentioned something about a 10 year visa for the US and I am wondering if anyone could help me find out more about this.

I am American and my wife is Thai, we already went to the US last year and are planning another trip with our daughter either the end of this year or beginning of next (just waiting for our daughter to get a bit older).

Last time we just got a regular tourist visa and we thought we would have to do the same everytime we wanted to go back to visit.

We have plenty of time before our next trip, so if there is way for her to get a 10 yr multiple entry visa, that would make things really convenient. We don't plan on going back more than once a yr but anytime we want to go back we would only need to buy plane tickets.

Does anyone know about the requirements?

Actually it is the normal visa issued for tourist travel. Now that she has a record of return to Thailand it may be what they issue. The more evidence she provides of your long term stay outside the US (that trips will be as tourist/family visits) the better. It is up to the Consulate what they issue but believe they prefer the longer visa if they can justify it.

Actually it is the normal visa issued for tourist travel. Now that she has a record of return to Thailand it may be what they issue. The more evidence she provides of your long term stay outside the US (that trips will be as tourist/family visits) the better. It is up to the Consulate what they issue but believe they prefer the longer visa if they can justify it.

Thank you,

So it does not require any additional paperwork, that is good to know. I am guessing then that they are just looking for additional proof that our life is here in Thailand.

Last time we only went for a week and both she and I were students. We both got letters from our schools and they gave us a visa that was valid for 6 months. I am guessing that this being her first trip to the US, us only being married for a year and us both being students, they may have been reluctant to issue a 10 year visa.

I think this time around our situation has changed enough that we can make a very convincing case that our life is here in Thailand and we will only be going to the US for visits.

Do you know if you have to actually ask for a 10 yr visa or do you just ask for a tourist visa and wait and see what they give you.

You do not have to ask but you could mention "yearly family visit" or something like that.

Main thing is to show that YOU are firmly established here in Thailand, house lease or deed if owned, your passport showing renewed long term Thai visa extensions, bank accounts, car registration, magazine subscriptions, etc, showing your name and address.  All this adds up to "home" being here in the LoS rather than in the U.S., at least for now.

That'll make it more likely for your wife to get the 10-year visa.

Mac