Whats Happened To Cherrys Restaurant

sotsira

I was in there about a week ago. I know that they had extended their restaurant at the back and were just about to start renovating the front part (that you can see from 3rd road). Try driving along Soi Bongkot and access it from that side - you should be able to park easily there too.

I could be wrong but if you look 50m to the left of where it used to be you will see a small soi which is currently getting re-concreted..........i/m fairly sure its moved to the back of there to new premises.

But like i say i could be wrong.... :o

You are right, the new street is finished with concrete (cement) floor and sewer drains, small parking lot in back and additional street parking on back street. The small entrance you see on 3rd road was a temporary entrance used during construction, main entrance in in back on new street. I don't know what they are planning for the 3rd road entrance but possibly a smokers area. New non smoking area in back seats over 100 and is very well done. Food is great as always.

You are right, the new street is finished with concrete (cement) floor and sewer drains, small parking lot in back and additional street parking on back street. The small entrance you see on 3rd road was a temporary entrance used during construction, main entrance in in back on new street. I don't know what they are planning for the 3rd road entrance but possibly a smokers area. New non smoking area in back seats over 100 and is very well done. Food is great as always.

Cherry's has now moved to the other side of Platinum Motorcycles (left looking at it from X-yte Disco side of Third Road).

The previous premises (to the right of Platinum) is now Wi's Restauarant ,where the former Chef from Cherry's is now in residence.

Courtesy of Pattaya Mail Wi review.

Both still doing good business ! :o

Yes Cherries is still there, i myself ate there not long ago. It is very close to the posh looking Indian restaurent thats always empty - i could not find anywhere to park my car so I parked it outside the Indian, and the lady came out and told me to move as it was for cutomers only - I think she was jealous because i was going to Cherries and not there restaurent. When I was last in Cherries, there were two entrances, one on 3rd road, and also one down the little side street. Very nice I must add, a very pleasant meal. The girl on the door of Cherries even guarded my car for me while I ate, and promissed to come and tell me if there was any problem.

enfield951Posted Yesterday, 2008-06-30 21:09:30

Cherry's has now moved to the other side of Platinum Motorcycles (left looking at it from X-yte Disco side of Third Road).

The previous premises (to the right of Platinum) is now Wi's Restauarant ,where the former Chef from Cherry's is now in residence.

Both still doing good business

Yes Cherries is still there, i myself ate there not long ago. It is very close to the posh looking Indian restaurent thats always empty - i could not find anywhere to park my car so I parked it outside the Indian, and the lady came out and told me to move as it was for cutomers only - I think she was jealous because i was going to Cherries and not there restaurent. When I was last in Cherries, there were two entrances, one on 3rd road, and also one down the little side street. Very nice I must add, a very pleasant meal. The girl on the door of Cherries even guarded my car for me while I ate, and promissed to come and tell me if there was any problem.

Thanks for all your replies,

Although a little confused, in whether it's still at the same place but with a new rear entrance, or a new location further up the road?

Both still doing good business ! :o

First of all good news that Cherry's and the Chef are still around. So I understand the above correct that the Cherry Chef is no long er the Cherry Chef but now the Wi Chef?

Both still doing good business ! :D

First of all good news that Cherry's and the Chef are still around. So I understand the above correct that the Cherry Chef is no long er the Cherry Chef but now the Wi Chef?

Ok thanks, so Cherrys has relocated up the road, and the chef has stayed at the original place which is now called Wi's Restaurant. :o

Cherrys, Still across the road from X-zyte however a little hard to spot now due to the front doorway being rather small.. Just look for the sign, or go down the road at the back..

Edited by Meg_ken2003

The real story is the owner of cherries was the chef for Brunos for 10 yrs,he trained a another chef for one yr that now works in Wi's resturant.The original chef is the owner of cherries and always was.Cherries new restaurant sit 100 in side and now he is expanding the front for outdoor seating.In my opinion it is a great restaurant and the price cant be beat.

They've moved a little (25 meters?) towards the Indian Restaurant....still not quite sorted as the side road is blocked. the main dining room is now at the back...theentrance hall/corridor is a dismal affair and many customers seem to walk away without realising that the main restaurant is now AT THE BACK!

However the food is still very good ....I look forward to a bit of furniture and decor in the place!

( the layout is awful)

See if you can park round the back....looks like they may have a car-park on the way.....

I'd rather eat there than Bruno's anyday!

Edited by wilko