Himmapan Samui

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well a quick surf seems to leave me with the sense that this project has come to an end.

Can anyone confirm?

Have been in Bkk almost a decade now and all this time have been watching for a decent opp to buy a small studio in samui for my frequent visits but it seems small studio is not in anyones plans and a reputable company is not to be found.

Anyone who does know of such an arrangement - pls pm (a condo, not a house) - and no i not looking for a 20M THB fractional ownership type arrangement for some underbuilt overpriced place, just a simple studio - I do not expect my mailbox to get flooded

Cheers, happy 2010

According to their website, the project was planned to finished in Dec-2009.

They haven't even started yet.

I think Kuma meant that the project "died"; at least that's what I read but could be mistaken.

LaoPo

I think Kuma meant that the project "died"; at least that's what I read but could be mistaken.

LaoPo

Old projects don't die.

They just change name.

Google "The Peak Samui"

LaoPo

Old projects don't die.

They just change name.

Google "The Peak Samui"

It's natural...Architects are expensive.... :)

• 1 month later...
I won't add a link as I don't know if permitted but the land is now for sale through CBRE (CB Richard Ellis) @ Baht 15 million / rai (106 rai 3 ngan 10 sq.wah) and the investors have been promised a full refund once it is sold.

15 MBaht / rai. smiley-shocked032.gif

I think the investors are going to have to wait a while. thinking.gif

S

I won't add a link as I don't know if permitted but the land is now for sale through CBRE (CB Richard Ellis) @ Baht 15 million / rai (106 rai 3 ngan 10 sq.wah) and the investors have been promised a full refund once it is sold.

15 MBaht / rai. smiley-shocked032.gif

I think the investors are going to have to wait a while. thinking.gif

S

that is a bit much, maybe 15 million a rai for the beach part plus 5 or so rai back, but not for the whole lot including hillside !, its probably more 4-5 mill if you purchase the whole lot, as some of the infrustructure is there already

specially if they bought it for 2m per rai and many investor waiting for money back.....

the company busted, the owners are runaway, many developer, contractor, employee not paid and we not talking about the tropical hills investors who are already formed a group to face legal actions against the scam group.

• 1 year later...

Re some of the posts above, the named company Gledhill, from what I read online, was the name of the Thai partnership behind the original The Peak project, that later was renamed to Himmapan.... But pretty much nothing ever came of either..

The original main party behind the development is a prominent Bangkok businessman who was described in news articles I read as a "property tycoon" and has current affiliation to this day with a prominent, well-known Thai hospital chain.