Percentage Of Farangs In Thailand Who Are Here For Sex?

bonobo

Sociologists, amateur or pro, tend to generalise.

Everyone has his own reasons for going there and the OP might be disappointed to learn how many men are not there for the cheap sex.

BTW, I don't live there, don't intend to either but I enjoy a stopover there on the way to Oz and back - and will continue to do so until I find a better place

to chill out.

And if I wanted a Thai woman for cheap sex - no problem, there are lots here in Germany.

• Replies 384
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Many gay guys are really funny and great conversationalists. Why not be friends?

One good thing about them is that they will almost always admit they are here for the sex (or came for it originally) and no if, ands, or buts about it. Honesty is so refreshing. :o

True, UG. Even without a cardigan or a combover, I came here originally for sex. Stayed for lots of other reasons.

And i would be willing to double that bet on one that says youve spent money one a lady of immoral virtue in LOS, hence youve used your wealth to your advantage, thats not to say its the main reasons you stay in LOS.

Huh? Define your terms - the proposition is so vague as to be meaningless.

Where on earth is AJ Ayer when you need him?

What does 'spending money on' mean? Buying a drink for someone to shut them up, and get rid of them? Yes, I've done that. Is that using my wealth to my advantage - in that case I plead guilty.

I've also bought a carton of milk when I've felt like a cup of tea? Is that also using my wealth to my advantage?

You obviously don't know steveromagnino, UG.

I've been with him when people have literally stopped him in the street and asked to take his photo. True story. dam_n prettyboys . .

I just wanted to make sure that Joey, here, understands who he has chosen to, more or less, identify with.

Stalin derogatorily referred to farmers as "kulaks"; millions were killed, exiled to Siberia, or died of starvation after their land, homes, meager possessions, and ability to earn an existence from the land were taken to fulfill Stalin's vision of massive "factory farms". While the Soviet Union transformed from an agrarian economy to a major industrial powerhouse in a short span of time, millions of people died from hardships and famine that occurred as a result of the severe economic upheaval and party policies. At the end of 1930s, Stalin launched the Great Purge, a major campaign of political repression. During his continued repressions, millions of people who were a threat to the Soviet politics or suspected of being such a threat were executed or exiled to Gulag labor camps in remote areas of Siberia or Central Asia, where many more died of disease, malnutrition and exposure. A number of ethnic groups in Russia were forcibly resettled for political reasons.

I'm not sure how old he is, but I have come to realize most people under the age of 35, are totally ignorant of many things, including any sense of history. So, I'll chalk up his insensitivity to ignorance. After reading his posts, I am convinced of it. I'm going to change my picture to Ted Bundy as soon as I can find a suitable short movie.

To get back on topic, there are many tourists who come to Thailand for sex. If you took a pole in Nana, Pattaya, Patong, and the like, I'd say 95% are here for sex. Mostly because they couldn't get laid in their home countries. Other places wouldn't be anywhere near that. If you look at all of Thailand, I'm sure the % would be much, much lower. If sex was all Thailand had to offer, it would be in more trouble than it is presently. Troll or no troll, I wonder what Joey's here for? Prettyboys? Maybe Stalin was gay, too. I couldn't find a reference, but, I'm sure he had some pretty off-the-wall sexual tastes.

Edited by Shotime

What garbage !

Mmen really want to screw other men, they just need women to clean up their messes, serve them meals and bear kids , a Mommy service Thai women seem to be far more willing to provide that their western sisters.

How's this

80 % of men are bisexual , the rest are Gay

What garbage !

Mmen really want to screw other men, they just need women to clean up their messes, serve them meals and bear kids , a Mommy service Thai women seem to be far more willing to provide that their western sisters.

How's this

Don't tell that to the Prime Minister of Malaysia.

What does 'spending money on' mean? Buying a drink for someone to shut them up, and get rid of them? Yes, I've done that. Is that using my wealth to my advantage - in that case I plead guilty.

I've also bought a carton of milk when I've felt like a cup of tea? Is that also using my wealth to my advantage?

Would that be Afternoon Tea or High Tea, PG Tips or Tetley's? I've definitely used a cup of tea to my advantage.

What garbage !

How's this

Don't tell that to the Prime Minister of Malaysia.

I come from a country, which I won't name, where everyone is gay. Except for me and my Mother and Father.

Everyone has his own reasons for going there and the OP might be disappointed to learn how many men are not there for the cheap sex.

Yes, sociologists study the organism of society, so by nature, the generalize. (And maybe I should have written hobbyist instead of amateur--I read books on the subject and have written about my own thoughts and observations, but I have had only a few courses in school, so I am not a trained sociologist)

But why would I be disappointed to find out anything that is fact? As an intellectual question, the facts are the facts and not subject to happiness or disappointment. But as a man who lives in Thailand, I personally would be much happier to find out that a huge majority of the men who come here come here for other reasons than "cheap sex."

Part of that is because I want to believe that there is more to life than that, and part of that is because I don't like to be tarred with the same brush. Especially when I am travelling alone, I feel the stigma of standing around at Narita waiting to board the flight to Thailand. I wish I could shout out "But I work there!"

I've been with him when people have literally stopped him in the street and asked to take his photo. True story. dam_n prettyboys . .

I just wanted to make sure that Joey, here, understands who he has chosen to, more or less, identify with.

Stalin derogatorily referred to farmers as "kulaks"; millions were killed, exiled to Siberia, or died of starvation after their land, homes, meager possessions, and ability to earn an existence from the land were taken to fulfill Stalin's vision of massive "factory farms". While the Soviet Union transformed from an agrarian economy to a major industrial powerhouse in a short span of time, millions of people died from hardships and famine that occurred as a result of the severe economic upheaval and party policies. At the end of 1930s, Stalin launched the Great Purge, a major campaign of political repression. During his continued repressions, millions of people who were a threat to the Soviet politics or suspected of being such a threat were executed or exiled to Gulag labor camps in remote areas of Siberia or Central Asia, where many more died of disease, malnutrition and exposure. A number of ethnic groups in Russia were forcibly resettled for political reasons.

I'm not sure how old he is, but I have come to realize most people under the age of 35, are totally ignorant of many things, including any sense of history. So, I'll chalk up his insensitivity to ignorance. After reading his posts, I am convinced of it. I'm going to change my picture to Ted Bundy as soon as I can find a suitable short movie.

To get back on topic, there are many tourists who come to Thailand for sex. If you took a pole in Nana, Pattaya, Patong, and the like, I'd say 95% are here for sex. Mostly because they couldn't get laid in their home countries. Other places wouldn't be anywhere near that. If you look at all of Thailand, I'm sure the % would be much, much lower. If sex was all Thailand had to offer, it would be in more trouble than it is presently. Troll or no troll, I wonder what Joey's here for? Prettyboys? Maybe Stalin was gay, too. I couldn't find a reference, but, I'm sure he had some pretty off-the-wall sexual tastes.

*sigh*

Let me try to explain in words you might understand, my obsessive compulsive friend.

To suggest I'm a Stalinist based on my avatar is akin to me suggesting you have a penchant for small Asian boys, based on yours.

There . .does that help?

PS . . I'm 43, have a Masters in Political History (but thanks for the history lesson although) and I'm married. And to supplement your history lesson, Stalin referred to kulaks as kulaks because, well, that's the established Russian word for peasants wealthy enough to own land and hire serfs. It has been in use in Russia for centuries. It's a slang Russian phrase for someone 'tightfisted' and derives from the Turkish word for hand, kol.

*sigh*

Let me try to explain in words you might understand, my obsessive compulsive friend.

To suggest I'm a Stalinist based on my avatar is akin to me suggesting you have a penchant for small Asian boys, based on yours.

There . .does that help?

PS . . I'm 43, have a Masters in Political History (but thanks for the history lesson although) and I'm married. And to supplement your history lesson, Stalin referred to kulaks as kulaks because, well, that's the established Russian word for peasants wealthy enough to own land and hire serfs. It has been in use in Russia for centuries. It's a slang Russian phrase for someone 'tightfisted' and derives from the Turkish word for hand, kol.

A Masters in Political History you say? If I told you that Samak won the last election here in Thailand, can I qualify for one as well? Kidding :o

BTW, I don't live there, don't intend to either but I enjoy a stopover there on the way to Oz and back - and will continue to do so until I find a better place

to chill out.

And if I wanted a Thai woman for cheap sex - no problem, there are lots here in Germany.

Yes, sociologists study the organism of society, so by nature, the generalize. (And maybe I should have written hobbyist instead of amateur--I read books on the subject and have written about my own thoughts and observations, but I have had only a few courses in school, so I am not a trained sociologist)

But why would I be disappointed to find out anything that is fact? As an intellectual question, the facts are the facts and not subject to happiness or disappointment. But as a man who lives in Thailand, I personally would be much happier to find out that a huge majority of the men who come here come here for other reasons than "cheap sex."

Part of that is because I want to believe that there is more to life than that, and part of that is because I don't like to be tarred with the same brush. Especially when I am travelling alone, I feel the stigma of standing around at Narita waiting to board the flight to Thailand. I wish I could shout out "But I work there!"

Well, I can.

Aside from the obvious of work, Thailand has a lot to offer. Golf comes right to the top of my head. Thailand has tremendous golf courses for very reasonable prices. I am from the US where golf is plentiful and cheap, too, but if I was from Japan oro some other places I have golfed, well, you can pay for an entire week's trip with flight , hotel, and 6 days of golf for the cost of a couple rounds at home.

Fishing is also good. I have a customer from South Africa who regularly comes to our factory for "quality checks," spends an hour or two, then takes off for Phuket to go marlin fishing.

And of course, scuba is fantastic. You can go down to Pipi and actually dive with whale sharks.

There are a ton of reasons for single guys to come here. From exploring the culture to jazz festivals to tennis tournaments and so on, but the three I detailed above are pretty strong draws.

mr q

can you give some reasons single men go to thailand. make some up even.

bonobo - you are joking right,trust me SINGLE men do NOT come here for scuba diving,Golf and god forbid fishing?? I can just imagine a few lads in the UK getting together to book up a hol in Thailand for fishing and to take in some tennis :o:D:D

As the other poster correctly said there is only ONE reason single guys come to Thailand!

Now where did i put that fishing rod :D:D

i applaud yr efforts mr bobo.

but i havent haerd a single guy in usa who hasnt been here ask me how the fishing is, or can i get a game of tennis or golf in los. yes they r available and im sure at very reasonable prices.

good golf , nature stuff, etc r available in us of a, albeit at higher bahts.

what usa doesnt have is hot babes and not so hot babes that basically do what you want them to do at low cost. lots of single men like that.

personally i dont think expatriate busniness guys would want to come here wo the chicks.

bonobo - you are joking right,trust me SINGLE men do NOT come here for scuba diving,Golf and god forbid fishing?? I can just imagine a few lads in the UK getting together to book up a hol in Thailand for fishing and to take in some tennis :o:D:D

As the other poster correctly said there is only ONE reason single guys come to Thailand!

He just asked for some possible reasons. I gave them. I am not trying to say that most single men come here for that. But I do know two golfers and one fisherman who came here for those reasons and I am positive did not partake of anything else. And I have a friend with a dive resort at Pipi where due to the location, there is no availability of that kind of fling while they are diving. He has many single men come dive there. (Of course, what they do after they leave the resort is anyone's guess.)

On a little bit of a tangent since I was initially curious only about the men who live here, I realize that some men come here for vacation only to sow their oats. But there are many places they can do that. In the US and Canada, for example, men can go for less money to Costa Rica or Columbia. In Japan, they can go to the Philippines or China. In Europe, well I know there must be closer places. My gut feeling is that men come to Thailand from half-way around the world for more than just the nightlife. That is most likely an attraction, but so are the other things as well. Maybe it is the attraction of a day of golf at BLue Canyon followed by a great seafood dinner, then a night out on the town.

Beach boys aside (and I think that idea is probably exagerated), single women come to Thailand all the time, and I don't think it is for Soi Cowboy. Something draws them here. So why can't some men be drawn by the same thing?

(Good comment about your fishing rod, though--gave me a laugh :D )

i applaud yr efforts mr bobo.

but i havent haerd a single guy in usa who hasnt been here ask me how the fishing is, or can i get a game of tennis or golf in los. yes they r available and im sure at very reasonable prices.

good golf , nature stuff, etc r available in us of a, albeit at higher bahts.

what usa doesnt have is hot babes and not so hot babes that basically do what you want them to do at low cost. lots of single men like that.

personally i dont think expatriate busniness guys would want to come here wo the chicks.

Oh, I am not going to disagree with you, especially when we are writing about single male tourists. I just came up with some possibilities, and I do think that some men do come here for golf, especially Japanese and Koreans.

To the OP. If the question has been raised many times in slightly different forms, then asking for a link, might have saved you a few squashy tomatoes. If it wasn't a legitimate question, the moderator would have axed it.

Well done Kat for at least having a go.

I spent two years on Nana so was able to observe the creatures of the night a comin' and a goin'. I'd say 85% were sex tourists, 5% were permanent residents, long ago jaded from excess, who may still have been having sex but out of boredom or habit rather than straightforward arousal. The other 10% were residents with families or men like me... as pure as the driven snow.

I would expect that figure to be consistent in all the well known red light districts where 'farangs' are to be found. i.e. Patpong, Soi Cowboy.

In places like Phuket, Samui, Krabi, Pattaya, Hua Hin, I'd estimate the %'s as 40%, 25%, 20%, 80% and 15%. There are a large number of families who, it may surprise some to know, come for the sun, beaches, etc..

Of the permanent residents who have made Thailand their home, I'm sure many were beguiled, initially, as I was, by the beauty and femininity of the ladies. Middle-aged farts and wounded divorcees seeking 'Love for sale, only $200 per month.'

As shotime has said... Sex alone would not be sufficient to keep me here. You can procure sex for peanuts in Cambodia but how many men wish to live there?

I do wonder whether, like pharmaceutical drugs, the side effects are the main effects? In other words, you may come for the holiday but the sex is an added bonus. Hubby going short time, while the wife and kids are shopping, springs to mind. Or a massage 'special'. For some men it's an itch that has to be scratched, for others, if there were no sex, they would still come. How can one know with any accuracy? Say 3-5%

I host people, at my home, who travel all over the world. I have done this for many years, as part of a free network. I stopped hosting single men in Thailand. Why? Because even when they would protest vehemently that they weren't like the other guys, they would usually end up popping their cork within a few hours. Say 3-5%

These numbers aren't precise. Just my.. ahem... stab in the dark.

u hit a bullseye awakened.

except i suspect if it werent 4 the sex part no single men would cum here.......lol.

just to add , its not just the cheapness that attracts the sex tourist. los has the infrastructure to go with it, other things to do etc, the things bobo said. also los is very safe, something i dont think columbia and its neighbors are for the tourist.

Edited by farang555

"I come from a country, which I won't name, where everyone is gay. Except for me and my Mother and Father."

LIke there are no gay fathers??

C'mon fess up , men like men Most men like men, alas

Women , oops, i mean Thai " GIRLS" are for procuring, preparing, serving and cleaning up 3 meals a day , licking ugly fat, foreign men boots and , oh yeah procreation.

also used perhaps as handy semen receptacles so as t not have to deal with that little mess..

NOt just single guys .. I watch with mixed amusement and pity the foreighn couples roaming around and it is so obvious the man is just SICK th is encumbered by the GF or wife wiht all the beautiful easy, young , willing cheap " GIRLS " around ( not to call anyone a pedophile , just using the Thai Visa accepted slang for fully grown woman who are young enough for fat grotesque pink men to label as OK for sex with ) and she knows it ,too.

I imagine they break up after they get home .

( Why women get themselves trapped in " monogamous " relationships is beyond me. Stop serving meals to them and see how long you last )