Best Place To Play Pool

FarangCravings

Coming to Pattaya for the first time mid july for a few days currently live in Chiang Mai where is the best place to get a game of pool preferably with good players

So where can I get a challenging game

Try Megabreak Bar in soi Diana just off second Rd, have many tables, not sure about any decent players though , but certainly sexy looking ones! :o

Try Megabreak Bar in soi Diana just off second Rd, have many tables, not sure about any decent players though , but certainly sexy looking ones! :o

Thanks but looking for the best players in Pattaya while I enjoy playing the odd good looking player they tend not to be too challenging

So where are the best in Pattaya hanging out

Ok, try 19th Hole pool/bar restaurant half way down Walking St opposite Marine 1 disco, its upstairs with many tables, the Thai waiters that work in there are always up for a game for a 100bt bet at a time, i've played them before and they're good players, one in particular is exceptionally good, and they're friendly too. Good luck!

Ok, try 19th Hole pool/bar restaurant half way down Walking St opposite Marine 1 disco, its upstairs with many tables

Someone told me that the 19th Hole had been sold (anyone?) and it was going to become a lounge/bar without the pooltables.

Hows about Utoo Bar on 2nd Road. Lots of pool tables, fans & aircon. Also lots of fit young lasses to put you off your game.

Center Condo is quite strong. I know several Brits that play there and the "owner" is in a league there and they also play around town. My buddy joined them for a match over at Bentley's actually one night.

Center Condo is tall building on South Pattaya Road, just before you get to 3rd road. Pool room is on the ground level with its own outside entrance to the parking lot. It is a nice pool room. Usually has some pot of something you can munch on there for eats. There is a Go-go is right next door too.

Center Condo is quite strong. I know several Brits that play there and the "owner" is in a league there and they also play around town. My buddy joined them for a match over at Bentley's actually one night.

Center Condo is tall building on South Pattaya Road, just before you get to 3rd road. Pool room is on the ground level with its own outside entrance to the parking lot. It is a nice pool room. Usually has some pot of something you can munch on there for eats. There is a Go-go is right next door too.

Here in Chiang mai pool is free when you buy a beer whats the score in Pattaya i presume also the tables are the bucket hole variety so it gets a bit expensive if you have to pay for games I did it once in Bangkok and cost me 30 baht a game 10 games in less than 20 minutes 300 baht WOW

then i found a bar winner stays on loser pays 20 baht I think that was more to my liking

so do you have to pay in pattaya for pool

Here in Chiang mai pool is free when you buy a beer whats the score in Pattaya i presume also the tables are the bucket hole variety so it gets a bit expensive if you have to pay for games I did it once in Bangkok and cost me 30 baht a game 10 games in less than 20 minutes 300 baht WOW

then i found a bar winner stays on loser pays 20 baht I think that was more to my liking

so do you have to pay in pattaya for pool

Yup, in the girlie bars at any rate. Many will be the small snooker style tables that you are probably used to. I'd still be in CM if it had some decent tables to play on - I simply can't stand the style of those tables, and don't even get me started on the ludicrous rules you guys play up there. Snookers on a pool table? Snookers!? It's just sooo wrong.

Actually, there's an indie bar on walking street that has free pool.

10 games in less than 20 mins? They must rack em as quickly as you can sink em!

Megabreak is the only really good place to play IMO. Go find a Thai lad called Toy - he'll give anyone a game. He'll usually insist on playing for money and he doesn't miss much. There's a 9 ball comp every sunday evening which has some good players.

There are a couple of free `winner stays' bars on Soi Baukao (can never spell that) - one called the Stag I think, and the one on the corner a little further on. To find it, google the hel_l Club - it's just a little further up the road on the opposite side. I personally prefer staying and playing in that area anyway.

Overall, Pattaya is pretty crap for pool.

Actually, there's an indie bar on walking street that has free pool.

what's the name of the indie bar?

I'm not sure, but was stunned to hear Radiohead's The Bends blaring out, followed by Resurrection from the Roses. It's very close to the main Irish bar (Molly Mallone's?), maybe just before the European girls go go thing. One the right hand side as you're walking down. Quite a big bar - just walk slowly, listening for music that isn't prog or RnB. That is, music that isn't <deleted>.