Car Rentals Thai Visa

husskydog

Heading out to LOS in July for 20days plus, i have my international dvl and full uk dvl..Just looking for comments on the quality of the vehicles from Budget and Thai Rent A Car which appear to be the ones thai visa use..

Is class A insurance included (i want to be 100% legal), and has anyone used the service at burriram for collect and drop off there..

Will be doing lots of driving e.g samut prakan-changmia-rayong-burriram-bankruat-pattaya oh and bangkok, please give any good avdice, or would anyone know of a good alternative.

Also, i would like to hire a large motorbike, i was told that an international car dvl would suffice, but i do not have a uk motorbike dvl just a uk car dvl, whats the correct req`ments please..

Also if i hire a motorbike or car can i get thaivisa car/bike insurance for the trip only as the premiums quoted are for yearly cover, it would appear.....thanks again :o

Heading out to LOS in July for 20days plus, i have my international dvl and full uk dvl..Just looking for comments on the quality of the vehicles from Budget and Thai Rent A Car which appear to be the ones thai visa use..

Is class A insurance included (i want to be 100% legal), and has anyone used the service at burriram for collect and drop off there..

Will be doing lots of driving e.g samut prakan-changmia-rayong-burriram-bankruat-pattaya oh and bangkok, please give any good avdice, or would anyone know of a good alternative.

Also, i would like to hire a large motorbike, i was told that an international car dvl would suffice, but i do not have a uk motorbike dvl just a uk car dvl, whats the correct req`ments please..

Also if i hire a motorbike or car can i get thaivisa car/bike insurance for the trip only as the premiums quoted are for yearly cover, it would appear.....thanks again :o

As for renting cars from the pinned ad by TV sponsor, i will be renting from them again next week.

My previous (good) experience was posted here on May 10th this year.

Thankyou, think_too_mut.

Whats your thoughts on their insurance, and is it included fully in the rental?

Do you have any idea re. the motorbike and dvl queery..thanks again. :o

Re insurance - they said (never checked it) it is A-1. Perhaps I should have looked into it but all previous rental companies had that "top" insurance so I got lulled in.

No idea about motorbikes, sorry.

If you ndon't have a UK DL for a motor bike, presumably you are not riding one in the UK, so why on earth would you expect to be able to ride one in Thailand with full insurance where motor bikes are the most hazardous thig on the roads, except perhaps the odd water buffalo! :o

• 3 weeks later...
If you ndon't have a UK DL for a motor bike, presumably you are not riding one in the UK, so why on earth would you expect to be able to ride one in Thailand with full insurance where motor bikes are the most hazardous thig on the roads, except perhaps the odd water buffalo! :o

Another rental with Thai Visa rentacar has been another great experience.

Not a rule but this time the car was almost brand new Honda Jazz, even nudged me into buying one of those myself.

Their staff courteous, efficient and good English. Although it all happens in the Souvarnabhumi carpark.

Just for the record, if anyone is still wondering what has happened with QCars at Soi 40, they ceased their business.

The owner and my good friend, Welsh guy, passed away in December 2006.

I am having problems with them at the moment....I will wait a little bit longer to give them a chance to sort it out (I shouldn't tho') and report back.

I have had no problems with them, will rent again from the same shop, from this site.

Don't know what kind of problems you might have had - the car is there, a good car within the category you wanted (if not the very car and the model). And you just drive away.

And return her.

the car was almost brand new Honda Jazz, even nudged me into buying one of those myself.

Now you know why, (at least in the UK) large rental co's can buy new cars direct from the manufacturer with upto 50% off list.

Just for the record, if anyone is still wondering what has happened with QCars at Soi 40, they ceased their business.

The owner and my good friend, Welsh guy, passed away in December 2006.

I'm sorry to hear that. A friend & I rented from them a few years ago for a road trip to Chiang Mai. Vehicle was well -used but reliable & the price was right.

Edited by Lancashirelad