The Paypal Situation

After reading a few different threads on whether it's possible to have Paypal in Thailand, I have not been successful yet. I've opened accounts with Siam Commercial and Kasikorn.

With both, I was given a webcard. Kasikorn gives me a visa electron and Siam gives me a Mastercard. When I tried opening a paypal account linked to Siam, I was told the card isn't valid with paypal. I have friends who successfully opened a paypal account with Kasikorn but my card isn't working there either.

To keep this fresh, any current successes? Please outline the steps for anyone else. I am running paypal through my home country's account at this time.

After reading a few different threads on whether it's possible to have Paypal in Thailand, I have not been successful yet. I've opened accounts with Siam Commercial and Kasikorn.

With both, I was given a webcard. Kasikorn gives me a visa electron and Siam gives me a Mastercard. When I tried opening a paypal account linked to Siam, I was told the card isn't valid with paypal. I have friends who successfully opened a paypal account with Kasikorn but my card isn't working there either.

To keep this fresh, any current successes? Please outline the steps for anyone else. I am running paypal through my home country's account at this time.

We used a uk credit card to join paypal and then added the bank, got verified ,now i can send funds to my wife and she can in turn send them on to the bank,

With Kasikorn, you need K-Cyber Banking and then you get the K-Web Shopping Card through your account online. It's a virtual card that works with Paypal. :D

Didn't work with Moneybookers for me though. :o

Works with clickandbuy.com though although they are slow to respond to activating but it worked fine for me with a K shopping card

Today I went with a Thai National whom I know well to register at Kasikornbank and I can successfully link my paypal account to this new account after applying for KCyber banking which is free. Good luck to all.

With Kasikorn, you need K-Cyber Banking and then you get the K-Web Shopping Card through your account online. It's a virtual card that works with Paypal. :D

Once I have the K-Web Shopping Card, how do I transfer the money into Paypal? Is it done on the Paypal website of the K-Cyber Banking site? I am asking because when I look at my Paypal account I only see an option to transfer money from my U.S. Bank Account. It doesn't let me transfer from a credit card.

Once I have the K-Web Shopping Card, how do I transfer the money into Paypal? Is it done on the Paypal website of the K-Cyber Banking site? I am asking because when I look at my Paypal account I only see an option to transfer money from my U.S. Bank Account. It doesn't let me transfer from a credit card.

whe you pay for something and there is not enough money in the paypal account it deducts it from the K bank cyber card

whe you pay for something and there is not enough money in the paypal account it deducts it from the K bank cyber card

OK. I get it.. Unfortunately that wasn't what I wanted to hear. I was hoping this was a cheap way to transfer money from my Thailand bank to my U.S. bank. last week I had to pay about $45USD in transfer fees with Kasakorn. Ouch.

As good Thaivisa member I read everything and followed it. :D

And came almost to the end.....

paypal accepted the K-Web Shopping card on the 17th.

Now I need the code and my kasikorn showed me the reduced amount on the card, but when I click on the statement there is nothing on the 17 or earlier or later.

does that need some days, or do I have a problem :o

Please help....how long did it need to show up at your statement???

Thanks

Edited by h90

Any payment I do with it takes more or less 2 or 3 business days to show up in my online account.

However, even before that, you should receive an email from Kasikorn with all transactions informations (it should include your Paypal code as well).

Any payment I do with it takes more or less 2 or 3 business days to show up in my online account.

However, even before that, you should receive an email from Kasikorn with all transactions informations (it should include your Paypal code as well).

OK, made on 17th. Till now no email, (just the reduced available amount). But there are holiday that might slow everything down (do computers have holidays?).

Thanks....I just can´t avait it, as we have the paypal account for a while in a shop and couldn´t get the money due to the strange banks/creditcards here.....