Gunshots?

intumult

Well, at first I was not sure. But common sense told me it could not have been gunshots.

Let us go back 15 minutes + more

So, I had a phone call from the latest x @ 9 p.m.. Told her I was going clubbing and had little time to talk. I thought nothing of it at all, really. An innocuous conversation.

Clubbing I went. Got home 1 a.m. after a good night out. I am sat at the computer talking to an old female friend from the U.S.A. and I hear :-

Bang - pause - Bang, Bang, Bang.

Sh*t I thought it was gunshots at first. So loud! I dashed downstairs to the front door. Looked out the window. No one there (???) No neighbours lights on. I went to the back of the house and looked out. Same. No-one there. Same on the upstairs balcony.

It was minutes later I realise it could not have been gunshots. I would not have heard a gun here, upstairs in the back room.

The door. Someone banging on the door at 1-15 a.m. Yet there was nobody there.

I draw my own conclusions, but that was da_n loud banging. Certainly not a neighbour. Not someone working at that time of morning not for 4 'bangs'. So, I tested the door. Was the same sound.

I hope the motor is OK in the morning :o

Last thing I need is a crazy woman on my hands.

Well, at first I was not sure. But common sense told me it could not have been gunshots.

Let us go back 15 minutes + more

So, I had a phone call from the latest x @ 9 p.m.. Told her I was going clubbing and had little time to talk. I thought nothing of it at all, really. An innocuous conversation.

Clubbing I went. Got home 1 a.m. after a good night out. I am sat at the computer talking to an old female friend from the U.S.A. and I hear :-

Bang - pause - Bang, Bang, Bang.

Sh*t I thought it was gunshots at first. So loud! I dashed downstairs to the front door. Looked out the window. No one there (???) No neighbours lights on. I went to the back of the house and looked out. Same. No-one there. Same on the upstairs balcony.

It was minutes later I realise it could not have been gunshots. I would not have heard a gun here, upstairs in the back room.

The door. Someone banging on the door at 1-15 a.m. Yet there was nobody there.

I draw my own conclusions, but that was da_n loud banging. Certainly not a neighbour. Not someone working at that time of morning not for 4 'bangs'. So, I tested the door. Was the same sound.

I hope the motor is OK in the morning :D

Last thing I need is a crazy woman on my hands.

Not long here??

After a while you know when the shoot and when not....I was at the war against drugs in Nakhon Si Thammarat....I heared from time to time shooting....you get used to it.

Here in Bangkok they shoot with a shotgun birds....and the lead is falling down on my roof :D:o

1am been in bed a long time by then, but did get woken up by lots of Bang Bang Bangs = Fireworks ?? around that time and I live out in the sticks 50km from BKK, made my 3 dogs bark

Its time to panic when the banging on the door is accompanied by quacking
That will be a man at the door with a bill ! :o

I haven't heard that joke in such a long time it made me laugh.

Banging noises at that time, probably just a badly serviced pick-up back-firing (for badly read never)

1am been in bed a long time by then, but did get woken up by lots of Bang Bang Bangs = Fireworks ?? around that time and I live out in the sticks 50km from BKK, made my 3 dogs bark

Two nights ago I heard fireworks - 3 times, first at 8, then about 10:30 and then at nearly 1:00 am. A bit inconsiderate, I thought. You could tell they were fireworks though - a thump, a bang and then a high pitched whine.