Entertainment Visa?

a friend of mine wants to work in bars, playing guitar and singing, for money. what are his visa options? it would likely be in different bars and i'm sure the bars would not get a work permit for him.

thanks, steve

Most entertainers get Non-Immigrant Business visas and run the risk regarding workpermits.

<br />a friend of mine wants to work in bars, playing guitar and singing, for money. what are his visa options? it would likely be in different bars and i'm sure the bars would not get a work permit for him.<br /><br />thanks, steve<br />

he can build his own company and use it to get a work permit or he can work without work permit for less than 14 days IF he has a letter of exemption from the labour department, this is what internationnal dj's and other show makers get for short work.

<br />a friend of mine wants to work in bars, playing guitar and singing, for money. what are his visa options? it would likely be in different bars and i'm sure the bars would not get a work permit for him.<br /><br />thanks, steve<br />

he can build his own company and use it to get a work permit or he can work without work permit for less than 14 days IF he has a letter of exemption from the labour department, this is what internationnal dj's and other show makers get for short work.

he wants to stay long term so the 14 day rule isn't much help unfortunately.

starting your own company and getting a WP through it is an expensive business, I know, I have one. playing in a bar would not cover the legal, accounting and tax costs of a co. so i guess he's screwed unless there is something else out there?

thanks, steve

starting your own company and getting a WP through it is an expensive business, I know, I have one. playing in a bar would not cover the legal, accounting and tax costs of a co. so i guess he's screwed unless there is something else out there?

thanks, steve

and if he gets one satang over the Thai payments he'll be topped by a Thai employee. The Labour Department did over a farang playing for free a few years ago.

thanks, steve

and if he gets one satang over the Thai payments he'll be topped by a Thai employee. The Labour Department did over a farang playing for free a few years ago.

several friends of mine have already been busted for playing in bars and fined about 10k but luckily, not blacklisted by immigration or anything like that.