Bamboo Flooring - Anyone Installed?

jumnien

I'm interested in using bamboo flooring on a golf-course condo. I'd be interested in hearing from anyone who has experience with it. We have two small boys and are concerned with the durability. We love the look. Thanks for the comments.

It's quite soft, but not too soft because they're engineered through the special boiling, pressing, and coating process specifically for flooring.

However we don't wear shoes inside the house, nor have any kids poking into them everyday.

I have them throughout my house, and here is a picture. Just let me know if you want more pics

Once you see bamboo floors you love them... but they are not as hard as other woods (fact is bamboo is a grass). I have seen low quality bamboo flooring (very thin) used in an office complex and it was full of dent/dings etc.

I have also seen it in a house for sell. The house had been up for sell for 5 years, fully furnished and no one has ever lived in it. Any how, the bamboo floor had termites in it....

It's quite soft, but not too soft because they're engineered through the special boiling, pressing, and coating process specifically for flooring.

However we don't wear shoes inside the house, nor have any kids poking into them everyday.

I have them throughout my house, and here is a picture. Just let me know if you want more pics

Nice looking gaff!!!!!!!!!!!!!

And if you were looking for advice I might continue that test pot on the columns and also the fireplace.

And if I'm wrong its cheap to change back :o

Cheers

Wood Flooring Hardness Scale

(Unfinished, Plainsawn, Unimpregnated)

Prepared by the National Wood Flooring Association

Pecan - 1820

Hickory - 1800

Maple - 1450

White Oak - 1360

Natural Bamboo - 1340

Ash - 1320

Beech - 1300

Northern Red Oak - 1290

Iroko -1260

Birch *- 1210

Southern Red Oak - 1060

Carbonized Bamboo - 1010

Teak - 1000

Walnut - 1010

Cherry - 950

African Mahogany - 830

Honduran Mahogany - 800

Pine* - 540

Fir* - 440

Numbers denote dent resistance in pounds.

* Denotes average of species group.

Hardness is the resistance of wood to wear and marring. It is measured by the load required to embed a .444-inch ball half its diameter into the wood.

Wood Flooring Hardness Scale

(Unfinished, Plainsawn, Unimpregnated)

Prepared by the National Wood Flooring Association

Pecan - 1820

Hickory - 1800

Maple - 1450

White Oak - 1360

Natural Bamboo - 1340

Ash - 1320

Beech - 1300

Northern Red Oak - 1290

Iroko -1260

Birch *- 1210

Southern Red Oak - 1060

Carbonized Bamboo - 1010

Teak - 1000

Walnut - 1010

Cherry - 950

African Mahogany - 830

Honduran Mahogany - 800

Pine* - 540

Fir* - 440

Numbers denote dent resistance in pounds.

* Denotes average of species group.

Hardness is the resistance of wood to wear and marring. It is measured by the load required to embed a .444-inch ball half its diameter into the wood.

This list is misleading, it's supposed to rate timbers, but bamboo is a grass. It rates many species of timbers, but bamboo has many species with different qualities.

Nice looking gaff!!!!!!!!!!!!!

And if you were looking for advice I might continue that test pot on the columns and also the fireplace.

And if I'm wrong its cheap to change back :o

Cheers

Just the column,

No fireplace. Husband had chained himself to it, so no chance :D

• 2 weeks later...
I'm interested in using bamboo flooring on a golf-course condo. I'd be interested in hearing from anyone who has experience with it. We have two small boys and are concerned with the durability. We love the look. Thanks for the comments.

Hello, nice to meet you- We are based in North Thailand / Chiang Mai, and started a production of BAMBOO FLOORING here.

Contrary to China production:

- we do control what is going on, and the veneer/ glue/ bamboo quality etc... used...

- we have a much better quality than China (no comparison)

- we do minimum 100 sq meter (= 1,000 sq ft)

- we qccept YOUR color...

- yes uou can walk on it with high heels.

- bmaboo flooring is 27% more hard then oak

We export to EU

sure everything is breakable...

b regards,

Wolf :o

Hello, nice to meet you- We are based in North Thailand / Chiang Mai, and started a production of BAMBOO FLOORING here.

- we do control what is going on, and the veneer/ glue/ bamboo quality etc... used...

We export to EU

b regards,

Hi, your product idea sounds great - bamboo is such a beaut material to use. Most of our summer house furniture is heavy duty bamboo. May I ask, a bit off topic: i am doing some fencing: when you secure bamboo beams/posts in to a foreign substance, such as cement walls, floors, foundations, what do you recommend i use to preserve the bamboo from deteriorating from damp. I have treated it with Shellbrite, for insect damage. But waht about damp? is there a cresosote type product out there? thanks in advance. pat.

We export to EU

b regards,

Hi Wolf, we are renovating a house in Chiang mai, can I ask how the cost of high quality bamboo flooring compares to other woods? Where can I see your product locally?

• 1 month later...

hello

we produce high quality bamboo flooring in chiang mai

Golden Bamboo

Advantages of the Bamboo Parquet (flooring) Made in Thailand in comparison with the one from China.

· Minimum order of 100 m2 (square meter). (China speaks of 4 or 5 containers of 3,300 sq meter per container).

· Infinite colors possibilities decided by the client for this minimum.

· China measurements: 960 x 96 x 15 mm

We can do from 9,6 cm up to 15 cm width, and up to (in vertical) 2 meter long and (in Horizontal) 1m50. Thickness remains 1,5 cm.

· Very High Standard of quality. Is not afraid of high heels, and of domestic small incidents like fork or a plate which falls on the floor.

Regularity of product. We do have a standard QC. Which makes the quality all the time the same. We use as laker and paint: the Brand ‘Endura’

http://www.endurapaint.com/gameline.html

· The Bamboo is of a different essence then from China, in density (heavier), stronger, more flexibility, and has a look of natural bamboo.

· Posing is done on a ‘traditional way’ (tongue and grove) or by simply gluing on a flat surface.

· Thanks to our drying and treatment method meant for non tropical weather, Our Bamboo flooring remains insensitive to variation of temperatures, and humidity.

· Our flooring got a anti molding, insecticide and anti-parasites treatment

· Our Bamboo are chosen carefully, to avoid a maximum of defects and enhance the quality. of our Bamboo Parquet Made in Thailand.

Our Pledge is in the chart of Fair Trade and ecology.

:

a) Respect of Human rights :: In all our production stages, four Basic principles of Human rights Chart and ethical labor are enforced, and respected:

· minimum age of labor is over 18 years old.

· 40 hours work week, with overtime paid extra.

· staff representative unions elected in all units of over 50 employees.

· We accept apprentices over the age of 16 years of age. As long as they have a practice and theory in alternation program.

:o In the respect of sustainable productions, we cut only culms over 4 years old. And we replant constantly.

c) we do work with NGO’s and foundations, who’s MAIN GOAL is to help the local populations.

Sure we work for profit, but we give back to the EARTH, as well to our coworkers.

d) Bamboo being a ‘grass’ and not a ‘Tree’

one can easily say:

To build our houses, we do not cut Trees, we cut GRASS

We invite independent organizations to contact us for verification and any questions.

[email protected]

GOLDEN BAMBOO is currently in process of getting fair trade certification, meanwhile going through this long process we still practice fair trade principles and equitable development. This is very important to us. Thank you for your collaboration and support. If you have any questions, please contact us at <[email protected]>

To find out more about Fair Trade

check out the Fair Trade Federation fairtradefederation.org. Their website explains everything you need to know about fair trade.

VRP_Pitch.doc

• Like 1

hello

we produce high quality bamboo flooring in chiang mai

Golden Bamboo

Advantages of the Bamboo Parquet (flooring) Made in Thailand in comparison with the one from China.

· Minimum order of 100 m2 (square meter). (China speaks of 4 or 5 containers of 3,300 sq meter per container).

· Infinite colors possibilities decided by the client for this minimum.

· China measurements: 960 x 96 x 15 mm

We can do from 9,6 cm up to 15 cm width, and up to (in vertical) 2 meter long and (in Horizontal) 1m50. Thickness remains 1,5 cm.

· Very High Standard of quality. Is not afraid of high heels, and of domestic small incidents like fork or a plate which falls on the floor.

Regularity of product. We do have a standard QC. Which makes the quality all the time the same. We use as laker and paint: the Brand ‘Endura’

http://www.endurapaint.com/gameline.html

· The Bamboo is of a different essence then from China, in density (heavier), stronger, more flexibility, and has a look of natural bamboo.

· Posing is done on a ‘traditional way’ (tongue and grove) or by simply gluing on a flat surface.

· Thanks to our drying and treatment method meant for non tropical weather, Our Bamboo flooring remains insensitive to variation of temperatures, and humidity.

· Our flooring got a anti molding, insecticide and anti-parasites treatment

· Our Bamboo are chosen carefully, to avoid a maximum of defects and enhance the quality. of our Bamboo Parquet Made in Thailand.

Our Pledge is in the chart of Fair Trade and ecology.

:

a) Respect of Human rights :: In all our production stages, four Basic principles of Human rights Chart and ethical labor are enforced, and respected:

· minimum age of labor is over 18 years old.

· 40 hours work week, with overtime paid extra.

· staff representative unions elected in all units of over 50 employees.

· We accept apprentices over the age of 16 years of age. As long as they have a practice and theory in alternation program.

:o In the respect of sustainable productions, we cut only culms over 4 years old. And we replant constantly.

c) we do work with NGO’s and foundations, who’s MAIN GOAL is to help the local populations.

Sure we work for profit, but we give back to the EARTH, as well to our coworkers.

d) Bamboo being a ‘grass’ and not a ‘Tree’

one can easily say:

To build our houses, we do not cut Trees, we cut GRASS

We invite independent organizations to contact us for verification and any questions.

[email protected]

GOLDEN BAMBOO is currently in process of getting fair trade certification, meanwhile going through this long process we still practice fair trade principles and equitable development. This is very important to us. Thank you for your collaboration and support. If you have any questions, please contact us at <[email protected]>

To find out more about Fair Trade

check out the Fair Trade Federation fairtradefederation.org. Their website explains everything you need to know about fair trade.

This is all great info on what a responsible company you are, but what about your product. Do you have a shop in Chiang Mai?? Where can I see your product selctions and pricing?? Company name ? address? website?

I agree with last poster. No contact phone number, no business location, no pricing.

Sure enough selling about fair trade and employment though.

Surely you should have a show center somewhere. Give us the address please and phone contact.

• 10 years later...
On 7/9/2008 at 4:19 PM, Smithson said:

This list is misleading, it's supposed to rate timbers, but bamboo is a grass. It rates many species of timbers, but bamboo has many species with different qualities.

This is in principle wrong , has nothing to do with Grass or not. Pekan, Hickory, white Oak and all other Woods has also many species with different qualities. Depends of which Continent they come from etc.

On 11/15/2018 at 2:04 PM, ujayujay said:

This is in principle wrong , has nothing to do with Grass or not. Pekan, Hickory, white Oak and all other Woods has also many species with different qualities. Depends of which Continent they come from etc.

Wow, you resurrected a 10 year old thread.

• 2 weeks later...
On 11/14/2018 at 11:04 PM, ujayujay said:

The list includes 'natural bamboo', what the hell is that? There's over 1,500 species of bamboo, they are all natural. In terms of bamboo hardness, the list is useless.