New Mini Laptop

mouse

Just purchased a SVOA Notebook for my daughter for her recent birthday at a Computer Fair in Chiang Mai. I strongly suggest to one and all to check around before purchasing one of the new Mini Notebooks. This particular unit has 1 GB RAM, a 30GB Hard Drive, Wi-Fi and Ethernet connection. It also has an integrated Webcam, mic, speakers and weighs in at 1KG and a leather carrying handle as part of the case. Price was 11,900 Baht (USD$360). After setting it up and running it to be backed up to our Home Server and of course playing with it for a while, I am ready to go and get another just me for. This is best innovation since Peanut Butter.

svoa2.JPG

svoa3.JPG

svoa4.JPG

Edited by mouse

This looks pretty dam_n impressive. Design could be better but could be worse as well. How big is the screen, and what resolution? Does it have a DVI out?

Intel Celeron M Processor Ultra Low Voltage 900MHz.

Intel 915 GMS Chipset

1GB DDR2-667

HDD 30 GB

4 in 1 Card Reader

9” WXGA TFT Display (Res.800x480)

Webcam

Wireless LAN

LAN 10/100 Mbps, 2xUSB 2.0

Weight 1.5 Kgs.

Reference: Manufacturer's Website.

Edited by Rice_King

This Acer Aspireone AOA110-1955 has some much better specs:

http://canadacomputers.com/index.php?do=Sh...&cid=896.86

Intel Atom 1.6GHz, 1024x600 monitor, WWAN8: UMTS/HSPA, weight 1kg (SVOA says theirs is 1.5kg - very heavy, I think)...

Of course it only has 512meg RAM, and an 8gig hdd, but it is a ssd (solid state drive - no moving pieces), so it is much higher tech (faster, cooler, and much longer battery life) than the 30gig drive in the SVOA

This Acer is not out yet(!), but is coming soon, and the same price -- $380 here in Canada - about 12,000 baht.

Asus has the new version of their EEE machine - and it is 9" monitor as well, and has a larger ssd, but is slower than the Acer (but faster than the SVOA) - and is about 20,000 baht

http://canadacomputers.com/index.php?do=Sh...amp;cid=896.862

Personally I am waiting for 20-30 gig ssd harddrives to be affordable (can easily run WindowsXP rather than Linux) - then I will go for some little machine...

fyi

Mark

I have a 4G ASUS EeePC runnning XP and full MSOffice.

I have had it for more than 7 months now and just love it.

So easy to carry to school each day.

This model is now only 7500 baht as the new 9 inch model is out

at 11000 baht I have been told.

Cheers