One More Question On Visa

Ok, im having a disagreement with my wife on my visa to Thailaind, im going with the type O visa, I want it to start from Jan next year and I want to apply for it this month. My question is if I get approved next month does that mean it starts then??????

Im sure you can apply now for later? or isnt it that easy?

Ok, So I need to apply within 3 months it is issued, so there is no point in trying to get one now as Im leaving for Thailand in Jan next year.

So If I get it in say December this year, I can use it at the end of Jan and my visa starts from that date.

If you get a 12 month non-o it will be valid for 1 year from the DATE OF ISSUE. You can enter up until the day before the 'must enter before' date.

It cannot be post dated to start in the future so you are advised to apply as close to your departure date as possible.

Edited by Crossy

You have to make use of your visa within 3 months after it is issued.

Not so sure about that statement.

I obtained my one year multi entry Type-O non Immi in Brisbane last year and I had one year to utilise it.

The visa is then valid for one year from the first date of entry.

Hope this helps.

You have to make use of your visa within 3 months after it is issued.

Not so sure about that statement.

I obtained my one year multi entry Type-O non Immi in Brisbane last year and I had one year to utilise it.

The visa is then valid for one year from the first date of entry.

Hope this helps.

I'm not too sure about that one, it is valid for a year, but if you only use it the day before it expires you should only get 90 days.

Edited by Thaddeus

I'm not too sure about that one, it is valid for a year, but if you only use it the day before it expires you should only get 90 days.

I agree, unless it's a non o-a (retirement) which will get a 12 months stamp on every entry before the 'must enter before' date.

AFAIK There are no Thai visas that commence their validity upon entry.

Edited by Crossy

I agree, unless it's a non o-a (retirement) which will get a 12 months stamp on every entry before the 'must enter before' date.

AFAIK There are no Thai visas that commence their validity upon entry.

Mmmm..Ok

I obtained visa 30/06/07 in Aus,entered the Kingdom on 29th of August 07,Now my most recent stamp states "admitted until 22nd of August 08".

That is why I assumed it started from date of first entry.

I will have to go to Immi this week and find out more/maybe there has been an error?

BTW,it is not a Type O retirement visa yet,still on the first year,no extensions.

From the other tread I was under the impression the OP would apply for a single non-O. Than he has 3 months to make use of the visa. However he was also told to try to get a multiple-non-O. In that case the one year starts on the day the visa is issued.

So it is best to apply for the visa as late as possible and see which one he gets.

I obtained visa 30/06/07 in Aus,entered the Kingdom on 29th of August 07,Now my most recent stamp states "admitted until 22nd of August 08". That is why I assumed it started from date of first entry.

Since you state you have a Non Imm multi-entry visa, it's valid for one-year -- the clock starting on issue date (30/06/07).

As your most recent stamp states "admitted until 22nd of Aug 08," that says you last entered Thailand on 25 May '08, receiving a 90-day stamp IAW having a Non Imm multi-entry visa still within its one-year validity period.

However, the visa has now expired. So, if you leave Thailand without getting a re-entry permit from Immigration, you'll be stamped back in on a 30-day visa exempt stamp. If you get a re-entry permit, you'll be stamped in until 22 Aug '08 -- your last 'admitted until' date when your visa was valid.

The proximity of 29 Aug 07 and 22 Aug 08 dates is pure coincidence -- but easy to understand the confusion over visa validity dates.