Who Out There Doesn't Go To Thailand For Fun With The Girls (or Boys)

qwertz

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think there are plenty of people that are here for other reasons than sex OR culture. People love stereotypes though so will refuse to believe that I guess...... or they refuse to believe everyone isn't the same as they are or it makes them feel insecure or something. Do what you're gonna do, just don't hurt anyone, no one has a right to judge what lifestyle you chose if it's not negatively affecting others. I personally am not here for either reason.... I'm kind of embarassed that I have only just recently been to a "culture" spot (grand palace) with my visiting friend wanting to do tourist stuff, I try to enjoy it but I find it a little boring.

I was sent here for a work contract originally and ended up getting hired on permanently. I'm no saint but the nightlife here is pretty unappealing to me and sort of dingy. I like Thailand because it offers a much lower cost of living and pretty high value if you earn a western salary. It's still a lot cheaper than many other cities in the developed world and Asia for that matter. I can save quite a bit here just living normally because I use the MRT/BTS so it cuts down on vehicle costs, my rent is about the same as in the U.S. but the place is much bigger, and I don't have to pay for a mortage. I rarely drink and my "excitement" is through weekend flights out to the beach areas or going out to eat.

It's laid back and stress free, I enjoy it. I still wouldn't buy a condo here and settle down although the thought has crossed my mind before.

missionary?

Im not in to Thai girls, im hoping to pick up a cute Japanese girl and go and live there. Had one but lost her number. oh well, I also just couldn’t care less about Thai culture or anyone’s culture for that matter, in the mean time I have no where ells to go :o

Been there 4 times, never been into any adult business/bar/talked to streetwalker/etc. I usually stay with Thai friends and go sightseeing and hang around with locals and friends. I have been told some of the women I talked to at local bars could be arranged for a price, but didn't want that either.

I am not a prude, just not interested in that type of women. I hope I will marry a Thai, but a woman who has good reputation in her community.

I remember coming to Thailand when I was younger. The bars, the girls, and cheap counterfeit stuff, that's all I saw. I don't even know if I thought the country was beautiful at all. I went to Pattaya then -about 23 years ago, and I wasn't impressed.

Then, some time later, I came back with a backpack and spent about 2 months travelling through the country. What a beautiful place! Even if I were single, the girls would probably not count in my top ten reasons to come to Thailand.

My top five (not necessarily in order except #1):

1) The value - There may be cheaper spots in the world, but for the level of service and quality, I've never visited it.

2) The beaches - I love the beaches here. That's not to say there aren't some other great beaches in the world (the Maldives are amazing). But I don't know where else you'll find beaches as good as this right next to amazing food, and fruit shakes, and year round weather. All at a reasonable price (see #1)

3) The food - So fresh, so much variety, so delicious, and so cheap (see #1)

4) The services - massages (real ones), tailors, medical, etc. and so reasonably priced (see #1)

5) The People - yeah, sometimes you get hassled, etc., but these real are the most warm hearted people around

I've recommended to so many people to go to Thailand, and it amazes me that it's still mostly associated with sex tourism. Only with a bit a of arm twisting do I get people to go. And, afterwards, many are hooked. (And, yes, many add girls - or boys - to their top reasons).

henrytuttle,

I agree with about value for money. Some countries are probably cheaper, but none compare to this place for what you get for your money. This would be my top reason for being here. After that comes the food, friendly people, especially the ladies and some beautiful landscapes.

I'm here for my wife, so I suppose that counts as fun with a girl (at 50+ she'd be flattered to be called a 'girl') :o

If life had taken different turns I would be in Korea or Malaysia (I can do my job based anywhere in the region).

I was sent here for a work contract originally and ended up getting hired on permanently. I'm no saint but the nightlife here is pretty unappealing to me and sort of dingy. I like Thailand because it offers a much lower cost of living and pretty high value if you earn a western salary. It's still a lot cheaper than many other cities in the developed world and Asia for that matter. I can save quite a bit here just living normally because I use the MRT/BTS so it cuts down on vehicle costs, my rent is about the same as in the U.S. but the place is much bigger, and I don't have to pay for a mortage. I rarely drink and my "excitement" is through weekend flights out to the beach areas or going out to eat.

Except for the part about vehicle costs (it's my one indulgence) wintermute's comments and circumstances mirror mine precisely. The nightlife is dingy and unappealing; it's fun to sit in a bar and watch the freakshow (usually the farang, not the girls), but as for indulging. No thanks. Thailand gives me a chance to save for the future in a way that would be impossible in Sydney, London, NYC etc, without compromising my quality of life.

I originally stayed for the culture and lifestyle, but now I am a bit bored of Thailand and am here only because it is cheaper and more convenient for now than for example, NY.

As far as the girls go, I was probably like a kid in candy store for the first year after I arrived. However, it didn't take long to realize that indulging in one night stands with the Thai ladies was actually a pretty hollow experience for me. Fortunately, I hooked up with gal (who had honestly never even been in a bar, let alone work in one) for quite a while. Unfortunately, that relationship just ended recently. But even though I'm single again, I have no desire to venture back into the bars. Actually, Pattaya has changed so much for the worse over the past few years, I only burden myself with going there once a week to do some grocery shopping. I like the quiet life.

So, I guess I'm here for the warm weather, reasonably priced cost of living, and...well, I'm not sure why else.

For me, I agree with the above repliers. Quality of life is better overall here (pending any ongoing circumstances of mine though - I've not been here too long).

Although coming here for a missus originally and also the fact that some of my family members live in the region, plus work - I'm absolutely determined on making an impact when it comes to business and evolving my career as well as myself here and within the SEA area. Now, this is an ongoing challenge in Thailand - Networking challenges (in particular with fellow Farang's in general - I found Thai/Asian connections much easier to be open and share ideas with thus far - of course with exceptions) lead generation, business development, corporate/cultural and value system adaption. Some say it's like try fitting a square into a circle. But hey, it's no fun if it was too easy.

Yes, we already know your views on this subject UG. You've repeated them ad nauseum, usually using the same phrase.

But, extrapolating your own situation onto others doesnt make it any more valid for others, no matter how often you shout it.

Edited by bendix

Fess up!

Who among you is really there for the culture and only masquerading as a monger?

Me! Me! I am, The wife and kids don't allow me to be a monger (Fish, ho or other) so it's culture or nothing!

I took the family to visit the Grand Palace this year, only took me 13 years to get there. OK, one down what's next on the list?

I am here for the beaches even though the beaches in my own country are better and I can make a lot more money working there without a work permit, all the red tape or a tenth of the bullsh*t. :D

Wow when did they get beaches in CM? :o

these thread always end up the same.

some do and some dont.

i personally enjoy the bicycle riding oppurtunities available in thailand.

but why the hate for those that cum here for the boys and girls. aint nothing special bout thai. except the boys and girls. thought i dont know if the boys put out like the girls do.....lol.

Edited by cynthialee

I came here for work and stayed for the lifestyle.

Me too. Due to a large upsurge in the volume of work I have now; the lifestyle is getting squeezed for time a tad. I used to play around a lot, but not since marriage to a wonderful girl.