Who Out There Doesn't Go To Thailand For Fun With The Girls (or Boys)

qwertz

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I agree

And the same people who previously admitted they came here for sex, probably will - yet again - admit it here that infact they indeed and truly come to Thailand for the ruined of Ayuttaya.

I am here for the beaches even though the beaches in my own country are better and I can make a lot more money working there without a work permit, all the red tape or a tenth of the bullsh*t. :o

You don't live in Pattaya do you? The guys that do and say what you've said are full of shit.

Another post SIMILAR TO A FEW DAYS AGO!!! How many of these do we have to see taking up space here? I came here for bird watching. So what?

Taking up space with our views, questions and opinions is what this forum's about.

Smile a little why don't you and get with the spirit - IT'S JUST A FORUM!

Edited by qwertz

You don't live in Pattaya do you? The guys that do and say what you've said are full of shit.

Wonder what Ulysses has done to attract so much resentment from a couple of TV members - it's like a public attack using the TV forums?....

However, don't think these comments has anything to do with the original topic though?

Wonder what Ulysses has done to attract so much resentment from a couple of TV members - it's like a public attack using the TV forums?....

However, don't think these comments has anything to do with the original topic though?

Yup, we have our snipers and grammar police too, as you're already learning.

There is the occasional bun fight but nobody gets hurt - usually.

I want to tear a big hole in what is to be,

To end all this infatuation with unity,

I'm seeking my salvation alone again,

I never needed to be one of you anyway

Don't wanna be another player losing in this game

I'm trying to impress upon you

We're not the same

My own individuality is so unique,

I'm one impressive motherf**ker

Now, wouldn't you say!!!

Yup, we have our snipers and grammar police too, as you're already learning.

There is the occasional bun fight but nobody gets hurt - usually.

So much to learn. Not only by recently coming to Thailand and trying to adjust to all things Thai and Asian, (including other Farangs). Now I have to also try to avoid walking into walls head-first too many times here on TV as well :-) .

All fun and games though...

Fess up!

Who among you is really there for the culture and only masquerading as a monger?

First of all, I am not clear on the question. The word "monger" needs to be combined with something........

Who is here for the culture and I guess you meant to say "masquerading as a sex monger"?

in 1990 when I first came to Thailand it was a stopover on my way to Bali as I was doing a lot of surfing there. The first year I came through, I stayed for a week, the second year, two weeks, a week less in Bali, 3rd year Bali was out and I continued to come to Thailand because:

1. the food is terrific, I feel some of the best in the world.

2. accomodations were cheap

3. I'm a beach person, and the beaches here are deluxe, the water is warm

4. nightlife definitely fun

5. yes, I like Thai women, so I will not deny that draw, but not the main reason for being here

In the end, now, my number one reason is work.

The life is easier, less stressful, we own our own home... there is no property tax...at least by USA standards... The women are beautiful, my wife and daughter first and foremost ... but other eye candy abounds. Rules and regs are minimal, and even the rules and regs that are in place are bent to the point of breaking. As long as the only drug your into is inexpensive beer then I think this is the place to be ...Chiang Mai that is..... If I had to live in Bangkok I would be long gone by now. Bangkok is fun to visit but I wouldn't want to stay there longer than four or five days at a time and even then only when extremely flush with cash.

Not into the Temples, culture or the bar scene..

I am here for the beaches even though the beaches in my own country are better and I can make a lot more money working there without a work permit, all the red tape or a tenth of the bullsh*t. :o

sara,(lady????)

That was a horrible thing to say,why are you so unhappy????

Thailand should be for anybody that wants to come here without someone calling them nasty things.

My time in Thailand was never centred around hooking up with hookers but sometimes it did happen.

I came to Pattaya because i had a few friends living here and i decided to retire early to have a far less stressful life here,albeit i can make money here too.Now after visiting many places in Thailand i may move from Pattaya,not because i dont like the place,more for my gf and stepson.If we continue to stay here,as i own my own house,then i shall still be very happy and content and my friends are very important to me.

SO SARA AM I FULL OF SHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHITTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTT

Very different reasons, wanted to "buy" small place to retire in or pass on to family. Discovered, like others, this was not possible. Naively thought cheap place to holiday and after five years realise prices escalating to a great extent for i.e. taxi's, hairdressers etc.

The main pull for me was and still is the weather and at the beginning of travelling to Thailand, was accompanying younger family members mostly to tourist areas and was pleased for them to see the fun (music, colourful surroundings, girls) before having a drink with them then leaving them and going back to my hotel room or bungalow to relax with a book, cigarette (don't know if even that will be on the cards this year - should stop anyway at my age) maybe nightcap on balcony - bliss!

There is a magic to the place, no doubt about it. After a few visits though have become aware of an element of danger however if you do succumb to rip-offs, greed (understandable when you consider wages and culture) you need to realise as others have said, it is you setting yourself up for it so need to be double wary and dare I say it, less patronising and generous.

Just a year ago I would have fessed up that the girls were the primary reason for me coming to Thailand some in the nightlife others not. However after living here just a short time I'm already totally burnt out from any beer bars, go-gos or the like. I feel like I've seen the light as to what a broken down carnival it is, the pushy mamasans and the annoying repetitiveness of the Bargirls come on lines wore me out furthermore I just can't accept that you are rolling the dice when it comes to catching STDs particularly since I've found a girl I like. I don't begrudge anyone who enjoys its but I could now care less if it stays or goes.

The #1 reason has become the low cost of living. If I was a multi millionaire I'd pack up and find a place in Malibu but for now it's got to be Som Tam and Reverse osmosis filtered water.

After retiring once or twice, I decided to become an English teacher in Thailand. I was pretty good at it, even though the government was clueless about their own laws, and clueless about education standards. I mean, when you have taught a day filled with five classrooms crammed with 48 sweaty teenagers who can only parrot second grade words, you wonder what edccuaiotijasoliojn is here. I lost my humor and humerus on an unnecessary visa run and decided teaching English to Thais was not so rewarding.

The year at the beach was relaxing, and there were times I took some comfort there, until the best doctors in Bangkok were...typically, Thailly clueless on how to heal me, so back we came to beachless Chiang Mai.

Heating bills here are cheaper here than up along the Yukon,. Housing is cheaper than Hawaii. The men are as fruity as fruit cocktails, which beats living in Saudi, or being gunned down in West Texas. I do not need to speak the language or eat the food to enjoy the weather and the people. It apparently beats a bedsit in Aberdeen, or greeting senile retirees at a Wal-Mart in Orlando for $8 an hour.

Some very interesting posts and i think honest too.

WASABI

Spot on post my friend,and i would be more than happy to see 80% of the bars/gogo estabs shut down,but what would happen to all the people who work there.No easy answer i am afraid but tourism is number 1 here and i am glad the area is trying to clean its act up. Must admit i would be the same if very rich but as i am only basic rich this will do for now lol.

What girls? I haven't noticed any spending every day lined up at the temples with all the other hoards of farangs.

Everyone is here for the world beating culture, the joy of visa runs, the heady intoxication of paying off various gov officials, the pristine unpolluted beaches, the uncontaminated Thai food that we all eat 3 times per day.

The fact that most congregate in areas rife with bars, a-go-gos, massage palours is just a coincidence, no one ever actually goes there. Who has time between riveting episodes of Thai soap operas every night or discussing chaos theory with their spouses?

I am here for the beaches even though the beaches in my own country are better and I can make a lot more money working there without a work permit, all the red tape or a tenth of the bullsh*t. :D

Actually, I'm quite honest and sincere :o

Fun with the boys????................. You mean gay guys no? as far as I know heterosexual guys in Thailand have nothing to do with any kind of prostitution. And well, even though never ever had even kiss a thai guy in 5 years I been here [blush].... So, I should say ME! :o

Been here 5 years, and no that kind of fun with any thai person. lol

cheers.

What girls? I haven't noticed any spending every day lined up at the temples with all the other hoards of farangs.

Everyone is here for the world beating culture, the joy of visa runs, the heady intoxication of paying off various gov officials, the pristine unpolluted beaches, the uncontaminated Thai food that we all eat 3 times per day.

The fact that most congregate in areas rife with bars, a-go-gos, massage palours is just a coincidence, no one ever actually goes there. Who has time between riveting episodes of Thai soap operas every night or discussing chaos theory with their spouses?

At last,somebody who speaks my language.

I didn´t come here looking for anything.

I came here trying to get away from something.

Suddenly I was married to a wonderful woman.

Having a small business big enough for the two of us.

Satisfied and happy.

I don´t know what happened! :o

I came here for the first time in 1998, after finishing my study during the evening and working during the days I needed a break. Wanted to go to Indoniesia or Thailand. Becuause of the troubles at the time I decided for Thailand. The food was better any way.

I just fell in love with the place, especialy a hospital I visited in a remote part of Thailand. Came back again there and started helping them out as volunteer with getting supplies and donations. Next I was also teaching at the local high school. Now I'm definately here for the Thai boys and girls. I'm not happy when I'm not with them, so I took the big step and decided to come and live here full time as volunteer. One of the best choises of my live and now I'm married to a Thai woman.

I didn´t come here looking for anything.

I came here trying to get away from something.

Suddenly I was married to a wonderful woman.

Having a small business big enough for the two of us.

Satisfied and happy.

I don´t know what happened! :o

Is that a poem?

quoted:Who Out There Doesn't Go To Thailand For Fun With The Girls (or Boys....."

I take my annual trip to TL to visit siblings and childhood friends, enjoy eating tropical Thai fruits and world renowned Thai food.

Long before, I had acquired 2 plots of land, with the intention to build a house for my retirement . As years pass by, this idea about living in LOS has becaming less and less attractive.

When we retired ( from NY) four years ago, we decide to buy a house and call Florida home. So far we're very happy with this move.

We pick Florida over BKK for many reasons: the weather is the top, FL. has few months of hot summer and the air is clean, the sky is clearly blue. We also find out that the cost of living in BKK is not cheap likes it used to be. :o We compare the lists the last few years :D , overall it costs me almost the same in FL.

As an outdoors person, I have taken advantage that FL has to offer; gorgeous beaches, crytal clear springs, swamp, many national parks..etc :D

I live in the heart of the lake district in NE Germany. It's beautiful except for the near arctic winters.

But that's another reason why I fly to Thailand every year, twice a year.

My daughter once said she'd always imagined me settling in Mexico. When I asked her why, she said because I speak Spanish and get

along so well with Latinos.

So I told her, now I speak German, I make a living from it and I get along well with the Germans too.

Anyway, I don't think my Spanish would have earned me so much in Mexico.

However, I note that a few posters echo my sentiments by saying their primary aim is just to get away, at least for a short time.

And Thailand is just right for that.