Blacklisted Thai Smtp Servers

procyon

I'm getting more and more messages bouncing back due to blacklisted Thai IP addresses and SMTP servers. The latest two culprits are relay.cat.net.th and smtp.tttmaxnet.com

Is there any way to use your own domains SMTP server without a major hassle?

I've looked at what Google offer but would rather keep my mail on my own server and just find away to circumnavigate the block.

That's going to be hard, I mean avoiding your own SMTP server from being blacklisted is easy enough (hint to some Thai ISP's ) But some companies, will block "dial up range" IP addresses, Hotmail, and recently GMail do this.

Unless you have a static IP number it is really hard and I wouldn't recommend trying.

What I do:

I have a server outside Thailand that I use for SMTP. Since most providers don't allow traffic on port 25 to other servers than their own you usually have to configure SMTP traffic to a different port (587) is commonly used.

EDIT: once again the ISP sys admins in this country prove how incompetent they really are.

Edited by niller74

I'm getting more and more messages bouncing back due to blacklisted Thai IP addresses and SMTP servers. The latest two culprits are relay.cat.net.th and smtp.tttmaxnet.com

Is there any way to use your own domains SMTP server without a major hassle?

I've looked at what Google offer but would rather keep my mail on my own server and just find away to circumnavigate the block.

Take a look at http://www.smtp.com