1am Bar Closing - What's The Latest?

TravelFrog

The local bar scene investigated by everyones friend, Travelfrog!

Heres what i've heard about Phuket, might not be correct...

Everyones been allowed to stay open until 2am, with a promise of 3am starting next week. Patong are not happy with this, as they want 4am closing. So theres talk of another strike/protest on Tuesday 9th Nov.

The local bar scene investigated by everyones friend, Travelfrog!

Heres what i've heard about Phuket, might not be correct...

Everyones been allowed to stay open until 2am, with a promise of 3am starting next week. Patong are not happy with this, as they want 4am closing. So theres talk of another strike/protest on Tuesday 9th Nov.

Personal opinion to that is i think patong should shut the <deleted> up, (for the time being anyway) :o

They've proved a point already, take it slowly.

chonburi officials were in pattaya last night and pattaya police shut everywhere at 1am.

everybody was whinging about it but in my opinion it was good because it shows we were following the rules, It also helped the fact that chonburi were there to report back to BKK about the necessity of a minimum closing time of 2am.

Hi Dave you get around mate. LOL

Its a bloody mess here in Pty right now. Some places still open in the afternoon and some closing or being closed at 1am. Many staying open with the lights out and not getting bothered. Beers bars still going strong in some areas at dawn and in others they are shut at 1 or 2am. No one knows what the ###### is going on but so far so good. One day they might tell us what they are up to.

chonburi officials were in pattaya last night and pattaya police shut everywhere at 1am.

everybody was whinging about it but in my opinion it was good because it shows we were following the rules, It also helped the fact that chonburi were there to report back to BKK about the necessity of a minimum closing time of 2am.

You're not wrong, last night lights on music off at 125am, all the beer bars outside also but marine was open. :o

The night before lights on, police outside at 120am, then the copper sat in the bar outside (which is closed for 30 days) and had a drink???

I was approached by 2 coppers asking me for cash so as we could open to 2am, we told them where to go, i'm happier following the newly introduced coppers who pop in with my lawyer, not the shifty ones. :D

• 4 weeks later...