Car And Bike Driving Licenses

jastheace

I've got my bike license. Went in the morning, did color and depth tests. Watched an instructional video. Then did the multiple choice computer test. In the afternoon, did the group(!) driving test and had my photo taken. Piece of pie. Some older gents failed the depth test but at no extra charge, you can come back that same afternoon or tomorrow and try again. There are "agents" setup across the road from the offices by the restaurants who offer to assist but ultimately I don't think it's legit although I have no proof.

The enjoyable way to get there:

Drive up soi siam country club road past the golf course and when the road turns to dirt/gravel, turn left until you hit the highway. Then left again until you see Regent school. It's a white building behind the school. The experience is easy but the grumpy staff and the heat of the waiting room still give me nightmares. You will be spoken to/commanded like a schoolboy.

My experience for car only was that I required an International Driving Permit. I got mine from AA, but RAC also do them. Easy to get, go on line print off form, fill in, enclose cheque etc, post get back about 10 days later.I had to copy every page and sign each page of International Driving Permit in front of lady at desk. They were not interested in my Driving License from UK! I only had to do colour test, depth test and emergency stop test. I didn't have to go and drive a car or do computer test.

But I know of people who have gone with their license from DVLA UK and were processed!

TIT

All the best whatever you do.

My experience for car only was that I required an International Driving Permit. I got mine from AA, but RAC also do them. Easy to get, go on line print off form, fill in, enclose cheque etc, post get back about 10 days later.I had to copy every page and sign each page of International Driving Permit in front of lady at desk. They were not interested in my Driving License from UK! I only had to do colour test, depth test and emergency stop test. I didn't have to go and drive a car or do computer test.

ditto, same for me, idp, no test 105 baht and one year licence, last year went back one year and one day later and got the five year licence no problem. Also did the same for a friend recently, same procedure, painless.