Which Passport Queue Into Uk

My wife (Thai National) and I will visit the UK in about 8 days time. She has a Visit Visa, I am a British citizen.

At Heathrow which section should we go through? The faster British one (and show my wifes paper work etc.) or the slow non British/EU

Advise from recent travelers please

Edited by sometimewoodworker

My wife (Thai National) and I will visit the UK in about 8 days time. She has a Visit Visa, I am a British citizen.

At Heathrow which section should we go through? The faster British one (and show my wifes paper work etc.) or the slow non British/EU

Advise from recent travelers please

You can use either queue as you are a married couple. Choose the shorter one. The UK border control policy is not to split up families at Immigration and it obviously makes sense for you both to go through together as your wife may get asked some trivial questions which you can help with if her English is not up to it.

DM

You can use either queue as you are a married couple. Choose the shorter one. The UK border control policy is not to split up families at Immigration and it obviously makes sense for you both to go through together as your wife may get asked some trivial questions which you can help with if her English is not up to it.

DM

Thanks DM and Mike

That is the way it in the LOS as well :D but not in Japan :o

Info for the Future ...Project Iris

Been using it for the last 2 years and in my case always works ...but there has been hickups. :D

Heathrow Eye Scan checks :o

Eye-scanning technology is being used at Heathrow Airport's busiest terminal to speed up immigration checks.

UK citizens and some foreign travellers can now use the system to skip passport checks at terminal one.

Passengers who volunteer can pre-register a photograph of their eye then have their eye scanned on arrival at an automated booth.

Project Iris has been operating at Heathrow terminals two and four since last June.

Immigration minister Tony McNulty said: "It is important that the UK remains at the forefront of the latest technology in immigration controls.

Automatic barriers

"Secure and effective border controls are vital to safeguard our citizens against terrorism, serious and organised crime and illegal immigration, while at the same time facilitating entry for legitimate travellers."

Apart from British citizens, Project Iris is open to frequent visitors to the UK and foreigners with leave to remain in Britain.

The £2.86m technology works by photographing a passenger's iris patterns and storing the data in a database together with their passport details.

These registered travellers can then proceed through automatic barriers in the immigration arrivals hall.

Project Iris is also due to be installed at Gatwick North and South, Heathrow terminal three,(already is )

Stansted, Birmingham and terminals one and two at Manchester . :D

Two years ago, my husband (EU passport) and I (Canadian passport and born in Canada) entered the EU line at Heathrow. It was the most humiliating experience I have had in a long time. The "official" ranted and raved at me for being in the wrong line and wouldn't let up. Finally, after I apologized profusely for my faux pas, he reluctantly stamped my passport and let me through. Welcome to the UK.