Pcworld Uk Advent Badged Msi Wind

damole

PCWorld UK are selling their own Advent badged version of the MSI Wind for 280 GBP (18000 THB) which seems significantly cheaper than the original MSI versions are being touted at here in the UK.

http://www.pcworld.co.uk/martprd/product/s...404/?int=home-1

I'm due back to Thailand in the next month so I'm wondering how this price compares.

--damole

Edited by damole

• 3 weeks later...

So I bought my Advent, great deal, great product. I'll be back in Thailand in 3 weeks and I just wanted to check I can buy a spare 3 core ac clover plug power lead because the UK one I have now, which of course I won't need, is almost as heavy as the dc adapter itself.

post-38660-1217201194_thumb.jpg

yes you can buy power leads and adaptors in thailand

Yes of course I know this. I realised this was a bit of a noob question but as I hadn't specifically looked in Panthip for one of these clover plugs before and I didn't fancy being in BKK for long without my Netbook I thought I check. 2 pins are more popular than 3 in Thailand and as I already have to carry my proprietary Dell 3 pin powerlead anything I can leave behind is most welcome.

yes you can buy power leads and adaptors in thailand

Yes of course I know this. I realised this was a bit of a noob question but as I hadn't specifically looked in Panthip for one of these clover plugs before and I didn't fancy being in BKK for long without my Netbook I thought I check. 2 pins are more popular than 3 in Thailand and as I already have to carry my proprietary Dell 3 pin powerlead anything I can leave behind is most welcome.

Its excatly the same as the power lead on my Acer notebook which was bought in Pantip plaza

Check the Acer Aspire One, better alternative to Eee PC in my opinion and much cheaper too.

I think the Eee PC is still better and for the same price (approx.).

These spec and prices are from local IT centre.

1. The 701 with 4G memory for 8990 baht

2. The 900 with 30G hard drive 14990 Baht

3. The 900 with 20G solid state drive 15990 Baht

Both have a six cell battery giving them 5-6 hours power up, or so I was told.

The ACER ONE option was 14990 Baht. The ACER battery is not as good and the girl on the shop said it’s not as fast. Also the memory is smaller.

I havn't got one yet. I'm still trying to make up my mind and look around.